Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is me last winter in Wetern NY on my vintage 1979 Kawasaki Drifter 440.

Enjoy!

Video clip link: http://www.buffalonet.com/Luisa_s_Page/December__02/MVC-760W.MPG

Picture link:
http://www.buffalonet.com/Luisa_s_Page/December__02/12-02-e.jpg

Dylan Mattina
Hamburg, NY., USA

·
Registered
352 Posts
looks like it runs great!

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
nice sled...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny thing about that Kawasaki Drifter 440: It has LOADS of power even with ME on it. I'm 6'6" tall and 360lbs and I open it up on my dead end street and it really cooks with lots of top end left to spare.

The only downside is the previous owner ran over a tree stump and it really did a number on the front end: Belly pan dented, frame a bit shifted, hood cracked and doesnt fit right(has to be bungeed down).

Anyone got any advice on a good cheap sled for someone my size??? Make? Model? Year? Why its good for a larger person such as myself???

Thanks!

-Dylan

P.S. Here's a link to a better pic of the Drifter: http://www.buffalonet.com/Luisa_s_Page/December__02/christmas15.jpg

that's my 19 year old daughter riding it in the front yard on Thanksgiving day 2003!!!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Maybe try picking up an early/mid 80's Yamaha SRV or XL-V. Both were great sleds with I believe liquid cooled 540cc engines. Plenty of power and reliable. Just make sure it was taken care of. You should be able to pick one of those up for a resonable amount of money.

P.S. Nice looking Drifter!

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have a friend about your size and believe it or not he runs a 98 Indy 500 and he's the trail blazing master.They're a hell of a sled for the price!

·
Registered
141 Posts
for your size I am thinking a 800 with a 159 track that is what my dad rides trust me it would be worth it in the powder just pick up an extra job or something

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by childsplay
[br]for your size I am thinking a 800 with a 159 track that is what my dad rides trust me it would be worth it in the powder just pick up an extra job or something
Is there a reasonably priced machine of that size that anyone here can recommend? Bo5th of my sleds are older as my funds are quite limited. I found both of them at the roadside out in farm country and paid less than $350 total for both the 79ish Drifter 440, and the 76ish Yamaha Exciter 440.

·
Registered
274 Posts
steve u talkin bout me lol....

im 6'6 310lbs
ride 98 indy 500

size doesnt make that big of a difference i dont think

my friend has a 99 indy trail f/c and he is about 170lbs
and he can never pass me anywere...

my 500 is pretty quick but i would like something bigger, because alot of the people i ride with have alot faster sleds and when they all have it barred on a lake or feild i get a little behind and catch the snow dust lol it sucks....
next year im lookin for a used rev 800ho haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts