Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I am from Eden prairie Minnesota. I am 16 in two months and i currently ride a 2003 Firecat F7 Snow Pro.

My dad is looking at a new Ski Doo somthing or another. I dont know my Ski-Doos well yet. [:I] But anyways, our other snowmobile is a 2001 Arctic Cat ZR800. Its a lot faster on the top end than the Firecat, but the F7 pulls a lot harder. on the ZR you can peg the speedo at 100 and it will just keep going. The F7 barely manages 90 lol

So there ya have it. Im gonna resize some pics and upload them to photobucket. Glad to be here!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Welcome! Good to see some more Cats on here! By the way if your F7 is only doing 90 something is wrong with it!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i guess it may be, but it wont pull any farther lol.

Yea, cool to see more Arctic Cat owners. A few years ago all i saw in Mn was Arctic cats, went out the other day and only saw TWO. An F5 and a Zr600. The rest were Ski-Doos. im like WTF.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. heres some pics.

Me, 2 years ago on my F7. This was right before i went and rolled our big rental Ski Doo 2seater doin donuts haha.

And me 2 years ago also.

Both trips were in hurly Wisconsin.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Oh look, our first troll! He's done nothing to show that he's taking having nice sleds for granted, so leave the kid alone.

·
Registered
593 Posts
hey those are some kik*** sleds. I love the zr's they are my favorits kind of sled and i like to ride hurley. If you are ever there and see me (on a grey poo or a zr 800) say hi. My name is Tony and i love to ride also so if u need sumone to ride with pm me.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
dont mind snowman hes just mad that your sled would whoop his sleds ass, and i know it would whoop mine so i got nothing to worry about[:p] j/p snowman

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha. i guess its just my dad. our first sled together when i was smaller was like a 96 ZRT600 that my dad liked when it ran but it always broke down on him. So while he was up north in 2001 the ZRT took a crap on him. They said they could not fix it right there so he just picked up the ZR800 and brought it home. Few years later he wanted to ride with me so he got a new F7 because my uncle had one. Now he wants to get another new Ski-Doo because my uncle has one of those so he is gonna give me the F7. I love riding both though. i also clean it up and wax it lol.

Indy: We are probably gonna go up to Hurley next weekend and stay at the Days Inn. keep an eye out for a blue and pewter trailblazer with trailvoy stickers pulling two Arctic Cats lol. [8D]

Thanks for the warm welcome. Not really warm, it was -45 last night [:0]

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey 03SSF7, I was just wondering if you knew what kind of clutching you got in that F7, that can and will severely cut down your top end, i have a 99 ZR600 and last winter had it out, and i just seamed like there was nothing there, i looked into it and found that the rollers and weights in the secondary clutch were shot, at that time the sled had about 1500 miles on it, so even though its a new sled, sometimes things like that just go to hell

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No i dont. But i will check into it. The sled has been great so that mgiht be the problem. Dad comes home tonight, i will tell him about it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
God i'd have to check. We dont ride a whole lot due to us not having any snow. i think the 800 has a little over 1k on it. like 1500. The F7 not much more than that. I will check for ya though.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Originally posted by redlane
[br]I have a friend with an f7..Awesome sled!! he has topped it out at 160
OOOoooo K

Welcome to the site. May be cats but nice sleds.[:D]

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Originally posted by redlane
[br]I have a friend with an f7..Awesome sled!! he has topped it out at 160
So is that in km/h? Because if it's in mph, I'm going to have to wave the BS flag.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have some nice sleds. The F7 only doing 90 is kinda bogus...you must have problems somewhere in that thing.

·
Registered
166 Posts
there has to be something wrong because my buddy has an f7 and it is still pulling at 110

1 - 18 of 18 Posts