Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well madcow told me about a little place called Mountainfit hoods. After doing a little research i have decided to buy one. I called them up they were really cool and helpful with all the questions i asked!! Best part is the hood only costs $228 shipped to my door! Cant beat that!!!! The hood will be gloss black! Well i just have one question b4 i purchase it later today! Should i get the hood with the cowl molded in or the hood that uses the stock cowl???? I can pick up a black stock cowl for free at my dealer, thing is i probably wont be using an air box in the sled its going into, but I might want to use on the trail sled on occasion!
thanx for the hint Madcow!
Heres a pic of the hood with out cowl molded in
[attachment=55328]
Still has the plastic wrap on it thats why it looks dull!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
nice ! thats gonna be tight. you plannin on doing any decals or just the black?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a few stickers here and there! Kinda like my old hood on my firecat[attachment=55330]

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
looks good.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
how much lighter is it? the box they come shipped in you would get me to believe it was a hood in there.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think stock is around 20 pounds and this one is under 5 pounds

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They closed early today b4 i could order so it gonna be tomorrow!!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
That hood looks awesome! You need to get some pictures when you get it on your sled.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Never mind they finally picked up the phone!!! I got it ordered!! Its The gloss black mod sled hood with the cowl molded into the hood for extra clearance, More room for twin pipes and keeps it cooler in the engine compartment!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts