Snowmobile Fanatics banner

New jacket question

2K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  Fusion600 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Im in the market for a new jacket, saw one i liked on the yamaha site for 190, it was in a cool snow camo design.

I am just trying to explore other options, so just wondering what companies or non-snowmobile brand jackets some of you may ride with.

Thanks in advance

Tony

#3 ·
I always go non brand specific ie yamaha, skidoo etc. This way here if you change the make of your sled...your not stuck with the jacket. I p/u a Arctiva jacket from dennis kirk for 80 bucks. I think it was the tracker II jacket. Really warm and at a great $$!

#5 ·
I am cheap when it comes to stuff I might only use 5 times a year...

I got the Chocko Jacket and Bibs and LOVE them...Very comfy, very warm, and kept me dry all season every time I wore them...

Sorry about the face...sun was pretty bright...
Clothing Jacket Outerwear Personal protective equipment Leather jacket

Jacket was on sale at the local dealer...got it for $60...at that price I could get a new one every year...
Vehicle Snowmobile Recreation Boating Motorsport

#7 ·
robosnow said:
I always go non brand specific ie yamaha, skidoo etc. This way here if you change the make of your sled...your not stuck with the jacket. I p/u a Arctiva jacket from dennis kirk for 80 bucks. I think it was the tracker II jacket. Really warm and at a great $$!

Am i reading this right that your selling one?

#9 ·
Klim makes Yamaha clothing now don't they? I would imagine it would be a really warm jacket. From what I read Klim makes really warm clothing, I have no personal experience with their gear though. I had a Choko jacket and it was quite warm, I wear Choko snowpants and they are the best snowpants I've ever worn before.

#11 ·
I found 2 different choko jackets i like, and they have that snow camo which i really like, but it seems like you can only get them through a dealer, the dealer i get my parts from pretty much only deals in ordered parts but ill call and see if they can get jackets as well

#13 ·
GreenMachine00 said:
Anyone here have any feedback on Arctiva? I was thinking about getting one of these >> http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/common/img_pop.jsp?skuId=3415849XXXL&imgId=0

I haven't seen anyone who has one and I personally think its a sharp jacket, plus they come in different colors and styles.
I was just looking at that jacket with the camo but not the red, just black, its looking like a good option

185 and free shippping too

#14 ·
Nope..not selling one. Just letting you know I bought an Arctiva jacket for a good price. I think it was 80 bucks. I think you maybe misunderstood the "p/u". Sorry about that I should have typed "picked up".

FF-Tony said:
robosnow said:

Am i reading this right that your selling one?

#16 ·
I run mostly HMK gear. Never had a problem with it...always been warm and dry. Can't ask for much more...

#17 ·
I have a set of Articwear leather jacket and bibs that I have owned for about 20 years. NEVER been cold. Sure it was about a grand and I only wear them sledding but over the years hundreds of times out and they have proven to be durable, worth the investment. If you go this route buy slightly larger size and plan to grow into them... P.S. I am sure you can get a not branded set of leathers but why would you not want it to say arctic cat ??

#20 ·
I have an Arctiva jacket and it has been great.

Got caught in the rain once..was pouring. Only problem I had was I left a zipper open on the sleeve..other than that bone dry.

Burch

#22 ·
FF-Tony said:
Hi all,

Im in the market for a new jacket, saw one i liked on the yamaha site for 190, it was in a cool snow camo design.

I am just trying to explore other options, so just wondering what companies or non-snowmobile brand jackets some of you may ride with.

Thanks in advance

Tony
FXR the best snowmobiling clothing ever made! that's all i ride with! and they look so nice too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.