Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this website www.cyclehauler.com/ezsledloader.htm They have a nice design that I am going to purchase or build my own. Since I can not get the reverse kit for the F7 this year or till late season according to A/C.

·
Registered
837 Posts
the slid thing only look safe for the precision ski, nurmal ones seam to be right on the edge, because there is no channel for the carbide

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
that would be easier then hell to build. as for the carbide channel that would be easy to build also. just add a second side member so the skis rides on the two pieces with the wearbars riding up the middle.

i cant take a day without my polaris Let alone a lifetime.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I tried one of these at the OFSC annual general meeting in North Bay in September. It's too bad you weren't there Can.-Tim2 to try it.
When we first saw it we figured it would be real heavy to lift into the truck.
He's got the balance just right though. It was easy to lift into the truck.
The large rollers that you can't see in the pictures would be the hardest part to find. You could probably use wheels instead.
The only problems that I can see would occur when you get a lot of snow or ice in the bed of the truck. You might have to keep a tarp over the entire sled and bed when you have the unit in there and clean it out before you load it.
The other problem would be that you want to make sure you keep a good lock on your sled attached to the bed or else they just need to back up to your truck and roll the whole unit into their truck and ride off into the sunset.
Just my observations.

Jeff
P.S. My buddy doesn't work at ETI anymore.

RIDE SAFE - RIDE SOBER

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have just started to gather material to make one. I have a F150 4x4 with the large tires on it. So my ramp will have to be longer. I did contact the manufacturer about the additional extenders they offer for higher trucks, but they are only 12 inches longer. I have measured the total lenght of the box with the tailgate down 102". The sled is 114" ski tip to end of rear bumper. I am thinking a 130" total lenght ramp. This will stick out some but working on a hinged idea for the last bit to reduce over hang. When folded up this would be a great place to hang a sign to rib the buddies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts