Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i been working on my sled all summer doing the carbs chain case put new slides in cut the windsheild lower put on hand gaurds new slides rebuilt the rear suspension i bought and mbrp race can for it and
20093231528380_26572.jpg
200912311038912_26572.jpg
2010823195939563_26572.jpg

home made 4 in riser whats left to do it paint my hood vents orange tomorrow and im working on making a snow flap out of dimond plate i post up more pics when get the flap and vents done..i will also take a pic of what it looks like under the hood....anymore ideas anybody might add

·
Registered
695 Posts
personally i would take the shocks covers off i think they look kinda cheesy. also i don't want to start a big debate about cans but that mbrp race can is way to loud. i live next to a trail and hate it when somebody come rolling though in the middle of the night with a loud can. so i would also take that can off and either put the stock one back on or get a quieter one like and slp quite can or something.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
honestly this can for some reason is not loud at all and the stock can was starting to melt into my bulkhead and for the shock cover i run them on all my sleds to keep the road grim and salt ex out i run them in my f7 that you can see in the covered along with my xc,srx and mxz

·
Registered
584 Posts
rougepolaris said:
personally i would take the shocks covers off i think they look kinda cheesy. also i don't want to start a big debate about cans but that mbrp race can is way to loud. i live next to a trail and hate it when somebody come rolling though in the middle of the night with a loud can. so i would also take that can off and either put the stock one back on or get a quieter one like and slp quite can or something.
I have a camp near a bar and have to deal with it all night. I personaly like the sound but its not worth the price for me for no power gains. Twin pipes or a single with an aftermarket can is different. Im just waitng for NY to come out with an aftermarket exhaust law any year now. Its deffinetly coming.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ as for that i think they already have that..but i mean what so ever it is not loud one of my indy 500 had more of a crack to it all stock then this

i have an angled one but it was unconfy for me while sitting when need be

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
tughillboy said:
rougepolaris said:
[highlight=green]I have a camp near a bar[/highlight=green] and have to deal with it all night. I personaly like the sound but its not worth the price for me for no power gains. Twin pipes or a single with an aftermarket can is different. Im just waitng for NY to come out with an aftermarket exhaust law any year now. Its deffinetly coming.
You should'nt of built it next to a bar. Big mistake!LOL!

Looks good though 'teamarctic'. Shock covers look good on certain sleds and I can honestly say that they look pretty good on your ZRT. They make the sled look more original. Not to mention they protect the shafts. As for the can goes, I like the MBRP's..the "race" can is louder than the "trail" version so I guess it all depends on which one you have.

·
Registered
458 Posts
looks good dude, im thinking about shock covers too, for that reason alone, they deffinantly protect against crap. As long as you dont think its too loud for and its savin the bulkhead and shaving some weight than more power to you brother. all in all looks good, i would look into some kind of pivot to the risers as well. Nice cat though. I cut down my windshield a while back on my old cat, i love the way it looks. Great color scheme

·
Registered
380 Posts
I think it looks bitchin! Its a good feeling working on things to improve them. I cant say anything about your exahust, my sleds are all stock, plus no noise ordanince here, looking good dude!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Nice looking sled. Definitely an improvement. Interesting snowflap idea, i may have to try that.
Any clutch work done?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I was thinking about doing the dimondplate snowflap last year. I was thinking about haveing it on a hinge so it woldent break off and also have a strap to the bumper so it wont get into the track

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i still have my dimond plate windshield but idk if i want to put it on yet...i bet thats the heaviest snow flap lol

sTOrMy96 said:
I was thinking about doing the dimondplate snowflap last year. I was thinking about haveing it on a hinge so it woldent break off and also have a strap to the bumper so it wont get into the track
yes i still need to strap it but i didnt use a hinge

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Are you sure that wont bend or break the plastic that holds it on? Looks good though, cant wait to put all the white parts on my sled.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
teamarctic14 said:
That is so awesome looking! Seriously, that is sweet! Nice job

1,792 Posts
teamarctic14 said:
We'll it keeps people from riding behind you with their brights on.

teamarctic14 said:
i still have my dimond plate windshield but idk if i want to put it on yet...i bet thats the heaviest snow flap lol
How much weight did you add?

·
Registered
584 Posts
sharp sled! [thumb]

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it not really all that heavy and no it wont break the plastic it does sway i bolted a strap to the sled and then the flap to cover up the rest of the flap i was going to use a peice of rubber but i didnt this would work just as good

1 - 20 of 26 Posts