Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I want to go with 550 fan or the 600? She doesnt need anything with to much power just enough to play in some powder and mostly on the trails. My old AC is having some jack shaft bearing issues I think so gonna get her a new only and get the AC fixed up also.
Do the 07's have the 1+1 seat option or only 06's? Thanks

·
Registered
253 Posts
There are a few questions that should be considered. Where do you do most of your riding (conditions) and what is she used to riding? Both engines will both work well. If she is a novice rider and you are going to get her a 550 Fan, the freestyle backcountry with 136" track should keep her from getting stuck as often and it is easy to throw around. If she has a few miles under her belt go with the 600 SDI (renegade perhaps). Its about 120HP, great on gas and oil and you will probably enjoy riding it (as a backup to the AC of course[;)])! I suppose budget is worth considering. The MXZ Trail with the 600 HO (under 10K CDN) is also solid but will probably need to be jetted if you ride at altitude or when its warm. The 2007s still offer 1+1 seating but only on some models. What you are looking for to tell is the seat that has the plastic fold up trunk (lid comes off and the seat installs on lower half). Most MXZ Adrenaline models have this seat as well as the summit 550F. Please post a bit more info about what you need the sled to do and what type of riding you do.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we ride trail and a lot of powder, well i do a lot of powder but I want her to venture off the trail more. I went and got her the Summit 550f. I think it will be plenty sled for her. The old AC is my sons, my 01 700 does me just fine[:D]. I did a lot of reading and my buddy has the same sled and I rode it around for a day it's a pretty decent sled for the money. Were going to go this weekend to try it out. Just waiting to hear the damage on my sons sled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts