Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm 16 and new to the site. I just bought my second sled last week. It is a 1996 Polaris Indy RXL. This sled has a 650 triple with the M-10 suspension in the rear. This sled looks great, I'm just waiting to see how she performs in the snow. I'm from Illinois so I guess you could say I'm a flatlander. I like to ride the trails near and around my house. I also ditch ride a lot because there is really not that many places around my house to ride. Snow is pretty scarce so I ride whenever and wherever I can. I will post some pics of the sled as soon as possible.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
glad to have u along man......we like to keep things above the belt here bout other brands of sleds.... (thought id point that out haha) but anyways....glad to have ya

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Welcome P650

You say that the RXL is your 2nd sled, what was your 1st and do you still have it?
K

Live to ride, ride to live.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had an old 1980 Arctic Cat El Tigre 5000. This was a great sled to ride around, but the small suspension wasn't cuttin' it. Talk about a rough ride...lol

·
Registered
948 Posts
Ola, bienvenido, guttentag! Hiya!!

Enjoy your new toy.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Welcome aboard. Keep it clean have fun and if you are having any problems with your new toy there are a lot of knowledgable people around here.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I already had a problem with it, I had it for one day before I had to take it to the shop. I fired it up at the place and it ran great, brought it home and the thing wouldn't start. Bad Battery...lol

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
EFI??? must be, i think it is from what ive heard, thats a minus for EFI is the need for the battery unless u have arcticcat's BEFI system, i know when i had regular EFI on my EXT, battery went dead, whatever u do, dont try to boost ur battery.....it will start, or might start, but then ur voltage regulator goes nuts...

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Better pull that battery and put it on a charger overnight.
Maybe take it to a battery/electrics shop and have it load tested to be sure.
I have heard some things about Polaris' EFI that it is less than reliable,
have heard of guys around here picking up a set of racked Mikunis out of
a similar sled and bolting them on and doing away with the EFI altogether.
I wonder if that would affect the oil injection or not?
Good luck........get this done now cause if you think it's frustrating now.......
wait till there is 2 feet of snow on the ground........then you'll be pull'in your
hair out.

Live to ride, ride to live.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts