Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. Next winter, or maybe 2012 my dad will be getting a new sled. So, he has a Skidoo Sumiit '09 800. Anyway, i'm a Polaris guy and was wondering what was the best sled for me. I am rather short. I like deep, deep powder, nice, big climbs, big drops, and some jumps. I like big power and it must be a polaris.
And, it will be used and pretty cheap. I was thinking the Assault, but i'm not sure.

· Super Moderator
11,386 Posts
You can buy a killer sled for that price. The 08-09 polaris 800s have had quite a few issues but seem to be doing alot better with a PC5 installed to correct polaris's crappy EPA based fuel map. The 700CFI have alot less problems,thats why I bought 700 and made it into a Assault so I didnt have to deal with the 800 problems. If I were to buy a cat it would be a 800 HCR. For skidoo I think a 800 summit Etek would be nice. I wouldnt want a yamaha MTN sled of any sort,to heavy and the handleing doesnt compare to the others. If you wait till 2012 see how the new Pro RMKs hold up,I think they will be the sled to beat in nearly every aspect for 2011. They should be in your price range by then to.

· Super Moderator
11,386 Posts
You dont like how the panels come off? It really makes it nice for working on them.

· Registered
9,552 Posts
I am irritated today for the record.

Under $9000 is cheap?

What do you mean you don't like the whole side panel idea? Cat has them, Polaris has them, Ski Doo has them, and I think most Yamaha's have them. Looks like you will have to rewind a few years to find one with out.

How much deep deep powder is in Saskatchewan to justifiy a mountain sled?

Why does it have to be a Polaris? I am trying to run away from Polaris as fast as I can. The Dragon is up for sale as we speak. All they can say since the whole 900 debacle is "just wait till next year, it will be all fixed" The 900s came out in what? 2005? 2006? And they MAYBE, just MAYBE have the 800s right in 2010. My 09 has blown up 3 times in 1600 miles.

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IDK, i just like the feel of hem. I mean like Skidoo. They are really nice if the belt ever blows, but i think they suck to do any work to them what to ever. There hard to get off, on. I just like the old fashion hood. And sorry, consulted with my dad. Looks like about 8000 TOPS. Preferably alot less.
We are gonna start hauling out to revelstoke or somewere out west yearly or twice/year. And actually, in southern saskatchewan, like 10 mins. from the US-Cad. border, there is a good 3 feet of snow. 4-5 in some spots if your lucks.

And, i am in Canada. Prices are expensive. You cant find hardly ANYTHING for under 4000. Well, that is thats running.

· Super Moderator
11,386 Posts
polarisrmk700 said:
. And actually, in southern saskatchewan, like 10 mins. from the US-Cad. border, there is a good 3 feet of snow.
I rode in bottineau ND this week and they had a couple feet of fresh snow,its not every year that happens though.

Pics from thursday in the turtle MTNs.
Geological phenomenon Snow Winter Sky Arctic

Snow Winter Snowmobile Sky Vehicle

Snow Winter Footwear Freezing Sky

Snowmobile Snow Vehicle Winter Sky

· Registered
1 Posts
polarisrmk700 said:
Hey. Next winter, or maybe 2012 my dad will be getting a new sled. So, he has a Skidoo Sumiit '09 800. Anyway, i'm a Polaris guy and was wondering what was the best sled for me. I am rather short. I like deep, deep powder, nice, big climbs, big drops, and some jumps. I like big power and it must be a polaris.
And, it will be used and pretty cheap. I was thinking the Assault, but i'm not sure.
[/quote
i dont know what you mean about the prices,im in canada to, I just bought my 04 firecat for $4200,with 600km,and my dad bought a 2002 arctic cat mountain cat 600 efi,500km for $2000

· Registered
566 Posts
i ride with alot of skidoo xps. the belts are way easy to change all you need is the what i call the t-bolt. that moves your secondary down. hell my friends 91 has it my dads 98 has it been around for awhile. obviously, but id watch out with them new 800 polaris if anything build a sled with the 9 grand youd spend on a new one.

· Registered
1,247 Posts
ACG said:
I am irritated today for the record.

Under $9000 is cheap?

What do you mean you don't like the whole side panel idea? Cat has them, Polaris has them, Ski Doo has them, and I think most Yamaha's have them. Looks like you will have to rewind a few years to find one with out.

How much deep deep powder is in Saskatchewan to justifiy a mountain sled?

Why does it have to be a Polaris? I am trying to run away from Polaris as fast as I can. The Dragon is up for sale as we speak. All they can say since the whole 900 debacle is "just wait till next year, it will be all fixed" The 900s came out in what? 2005? 2006? And they MAYBE, just MAYBE have the 800s right in 2010. My 09 has blown up 3 times in 1600 miles.
Mine blew up 5 times in 1200 miles. You got a good one! But I now have 800 miles on my last motor, (seconded updated one) And it's going strong. Get them to change your VR and ECM and you should be ok. There is no reason you should be blowing up the updated motor. You have other problems. With a PCV to fix the lean mid range, and the rich top end, these motors are solid. But mines also for sale. [beatup]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.