Snowmobile Fanatics banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I'm going to put this date on my calender. I have been looking for a place to go. I guess it is like a 3 or 4 hour ride for me.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Originally posted by Intimdtr77
[br]I'm going to put this date on my calender. I have been looking for a place to go. I guess it is like a 3 or 4 hour ride for me.
Excellent!! [:D] Do you have lodging arranged yet? And are you bringing anyone else along?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Originally posted by zeroburn
[br]Is there any snow?
right now, yes there is snow, and the hill is rideable. according to accuweather the temperatures should be much more cooperative for a while and the forecast calls for a good chance of accumulating snow the entire week before the ride. and who knows, lake effect can do wonders. just like wednesday nite when they got an unexpected foot of snow over the tug hill area. will you be joining us zeroburn?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Me and my buddies are looking for a place to ride.I'm new here, but we would like to come up for the weekend of Feb 4th&5th and ride with you .There are 5 of us.We're almost 8 hr. from Boonville.Would like to drive up Fri. nite.Could you get me some info on lodging,etc.An address and phone # .I can get direction on mapquest if I have an address.Thanks

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
http://web.syr.edu/~dedwards/snowm_map.gif
This map shows where Tug Hill is in perspective to the rest of New York

http://www.absolutesnowmobile.com/absolutesnowmobile_019.htm
we will be meeting at Martys at 8 am saturday. On that map, the purple thing which is above Timberview is where Martys is, right off of Route 26 (it is to the right of where the name Martys is)
http://www.martyspubandgrub.com/ Thats Marty's website.

here is a list of hotels/motels in tug hill area

Redwood motor lodge 315-788-2850
tug hill cabins 315-688-2267
Tug hill Inn 315-376-4299
The spruces 315-376-8901
Montaque Inn 315-376-2078
Youseys buckhorn 315-346-6618
Le-Hav Motel 315-376-2721
Flat Rock Inn 315-376-2332
Marty's 315-376-7042
Old Chruch Inn 315-376-8423
Timberview Lodge 315-348-8400
West Wind Motel 315-348-6856
Tow Path Inn 315-348-8122
Highland Wood Lodge 315-348-8649
The Edge 315-348-4211

as of now, i believe myself and a few others will be staying at tug hill inn, which is located near barnes corners, we were planning on staying at the Edge but it is all booked up for that wknd as far as I know, but if you can get rooms at the Edge that would be an ideal location, which is very close to Martys

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
my reservations are made for friday and saturday night at headwaters motor lodge in boonville, the number is 315-942-4493 for anyone who is interested, it is right on route 12 and on the trail, RXL95 and my dad will be staying with me

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Originally posted by RipnChick
[br]^^cool. Maybe we'll just ride/trailer over to Headwaters & meet up, and can ride together to the hill. We better get snow!!!
sounds good to me!! will it be you and your husband coming, any others?

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Originally posted by artiksno340
[br]
Originally posted by Intimdtr77
[br]I'm going to put this date on my calender. I have been looking for a place to go. I guess it is like a 3 or 4 hour ride for me.
Excellent!! [:D] Do you have lodging arranged yet? And are you bringing anyone else along?
I'm trying. I was just told that Sunday is when we will be celebrating my daughters b-day. So I may be SOL. I was looking forward to going to the HIll. I have heard alot about it. I will keep this post up to date.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
OK Intimdtr77, hopefully you can make it, and obviously you can just ride saturday if you have to be home to celebrate your daughter's birthday, if you can come you might want to try and stay at the headwaters if you're not familiar with the area, that way you can just follow us to Marty's and such

·
Registered
412 Posts
not this year next year though dont have my own sled right now and no way to get there. new year i will have my own sled and a vehicle to get my there
Good Luck with getting snow
we all could use some

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Originally posted by JaggedCat340FA
[br]not this year next year though dont have my own sled right now and no way to get there. new year i will have my own sled and a vehicle to get my there
Good Luck with getting snow
we all could use some
Ok, its outstanding how many people have already said they'll be there next year [:D]

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got reservations at the Headwaters Motor Lodge.If there is not enough snow please let me know. We are planning to leave no later than noon on Fri.the 3rd. Got an 8 hr.drive.Don't want to drive up if we can't ride. We,ll be on a Black 02 800 XCSP,Red 02 700 XCSP,Green ZR 900,Orange Firecat, and an F7 or an F6 I'm not sure which one he's going to bring .

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Originally posted by sledhead1
[br]I got reservations at the Headwaters Motor Lodge.If there is not enough snow please let me know. We are planning to leave no later than noon on Fri.the 3rd. Got an 8 hr.drive.Don't want to drive up if we can't ride. We,ll be on a Black 02 800 XCSP,Red 02 700 XCSP,Green ZR 900,Orange Firecat, and an F7 or an F6 I'm not sure which one he's going to bring .
EXCELLENT!!! as of now, there should be plenty of snow!! they're expected to get over a foot by thursday and snow possibly every day next week (theres already a foot or so up there) we will let you know if the trip is cancelled, but as of now I THINK WE'RE SET. my dad and I won't be able to get there til after 10 pm Friday night thanks to my classes

·
Registered
7 Posts
we have 2 4 place enclosed trailers.We will probably take one of the 4 place trailers and put the other sled on the truck.we'll all ride together ,will be in a 4 door silverado or 4 door dodge ram.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts