Snowmobile Fanatics banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
hopefully i will make it TJ..........just waiting on the issue with my college class, boss is willing to give me 2 free days off friday and monday off......paid of course. As far as no snow i got a quad i can ride instead if need be haha.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Originally posted by micorps
[br]hopefully i will make it TJ..........just waiting on the issue with my college class, boss is willing to give me 2 free days off friday and monday off......paid of course. As far as no snow i got a quad i can ride instead if need be haha.
you know, you can store that at my garage too!!

M

·
0 Posts
i don't know, i don't think my sled is that dependable... plus i need to register it

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Originally posted by Maxis45
[br]i don't know, i don't think my sled is that dependable... plus i need to register it
are you sure? i use to ride an 86 indy trail that had a lemon engine all around up there. i'm sure your sled would be fine. the more riders the better!!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Originally posted by fusion_man
[br][black]Anyone have the where-to-meet spot for Sundays Penn Mountain ride [?]
[/black][/size=3]

i sent RipnChick a pm, hopefully we'll know in a few hours

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
The best places to park trailers (if required) are Scotts Alder Creek Inn on Rt12, and the Kayuta Kwik n EZ, also on RT 12, and both right on the trails, and convenient place to gas-up.
Fusion Man.....being from B'ville, you should know right where I'm talkin' about.[;)]
For the Sunday ride, would all you guys that are lodging in Boonville/Tug Hill be riding over, or trailering over?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Originally posted by RipnChick
[br]The best places to park trailers (if required) are Scotts Alder Creek Inn on Rt12, and the Kayuta Kwik n EZ, also on RT 12, and both right on the trails, and convenient place to gas-up.
Fusion Man.....being from B'ville, you should know right where I'm talkin' about.[;)]
For the Sunday ride, would all you guys that are lodging in Boonville/Tug Hill be riding over, or trailering over?
that depends, how far is headwaters from these places? if its a bit of a distance we'll trailer over, so we can just leave for home from there, if not we'll ride, of course this is all snow permitting, but its looking good!! [^]

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
hmm ok, i think we'll hold off on deciding to trailer or ride until we are there and see how the conditions are in that area.
so how about 9 am at Scotts Alder Creek Inn on Rt12, and the Kayuta Kwik n EZ, also on RT 12????
sound good to everyone? or should we meet earlier or later and so on??

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
looks like it raining out there right now and the big snowstorm for tuesday is nothing. Hope we don't get cancelled again. Heard there was alot of traffic on the hill this weekend and the trails are beat. I was out at Moose river plains friday and they were getting thin.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
i'm hoping we dont have to cancel, we might have to trailer to martys and just ride the hill, but im certainly willing to do that with the way this winter has been going

M

·
0 Posts
sled is not registered, don't know how much it would cost, no trailer, only got a grand am...who wants to pick me up :D

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Sorry i cant help maxis. Whats everyone think about this wknd? it looks like tug hill should be rideable, but for those of us not staying right on the hill, including headwaters, we'll probably have to trailer over to martys. With the way this winter is going i could careless and i will gladly trailer over there and ride the hill all saturday and part of sunday too, since it looks like it will be the only place to ride. Fortunately, the hill is plenty big to keep anyone entertained for many days of riding.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Well folks......I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's not looking good for us again this weekend.[}:)]

We rode in Old Forge on Saturday...trails out in the am were ok, coming home was brutal.

We then took a ride up to Tug Hill yesterday, and it was raining.
Let's just say that 40 degrees + heavy traffic + rain = dirt trails!
It's 40 and raining again today....and forecast calls for more of the same at least up until Wednesday.

If I were any of you who have lodging reservations, I'd get cancel now and get refunds.[:(]

There is literally nothing to ride on anywhere in central NY.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
hmm i just dont know yet ripnchick, i might still be coming, thanks to the last lines in absolute snowmobiles report... http://www.absolutesnowmobile.com/trail_conditions_003.htm
i've had enough of this crappy winter. i'll search for snow up there, and i'm hoping that this potential snow this week could add up to a few inches, i think we're gonna make a last minute call

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Yess, everyone go by TJ's link, he has the best conditions for the hill, I can almost guarantee you will find snow...somewhere!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I cancelled my reservation this evening.The weather forecast and the trail condition is just to ify for us to drive 8 hr.I was really looking forward to meeting and riding with you guys and gals.This winter really sucks.I think we need to try it again sometime,if not this winter,maybe next winter.For those of you that are going up this weekend,I hope I am wrong about the weather.I wish all of you the best of luck and as much fun as you can handle. Let me know how it was,I'll probably kick my self.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts