Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw the new open sled from Ski-Doo. A-arm front suspension!! I don't know how to put the page on here, so I will tell you were to look. Go to amsoil.com, racing page, snocross team, and new race shop. They show the sleds in the shop and a picture of the riders talking on them after a practice. I know not many Doo fans here, but it looks neat. I already know you cat fans are going to say they are coping you, but owe well! Maybe that is why Blair went to Ski-Doo. Just a thought. It is going to be a great snocross season!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have no idea what I was thinking when I posted that, here are the addresses:
http://www.amsoil.com/snocross/2002/photos/newfacility/11.htm
http://www.amsoil.com/snocross/2002/photos/newfacility/09.htm
Sorry about that!!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
WOW.....it's nice seeing newly designed sleds. I wonder if these are the ones that are supposed to have electronic programable clutches? I like the new look.

·
Administrator
13,091 Posts
We'll see how it works out for them I guess.

"Might Be Crazy But I Ain't Dumb" - Cooter

·
Registered
586 Posts
This may be an interesting year on the snocross circut!

Beware of landowners wielding snowshovels!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I know as a Cat owner, I really could care less if some other brand copies a design....because in the end, it only makes for better sleds for everybody! By Doo turning up the heat, that just forces better technology from the other brands! I think the biggest factor for Blair was $$$$$. Maybe they will have some of those sleds at the snowcross today....if so I will get pics of it!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am wondering if we will see that suspension any time soon on the production sleds. My guess is next year on the 440 race sled, then at least another year before production. I can't wait to see the results from this weekends snocross in Duluth!!! GO BLAIR!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Thel links above don't work
I can get to 08.htm but not 09 or11
The sled in 08 is a trailing arm sled.
I would love to see pics of a Doo with A-Arms.
Where do I go?

Member #2 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am wondering who you think is the best? I know that Blair is a "little" confident, but when ever I see him race he is so smooth. He very seldom looks out of control on the track. He just makes it look way to easy. He is, in my opinion, the best rider. I'm not sure if he has a perfect attitude, but as a rider he is very good.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
By the way....blair did lose....so far at least. And those pictures do not do the new Ski-Doo sleds justice.....in fact the actual racing ones look a lot different! After seeing these sleds in action, it sadens me to say that they are going to completely dominate....not even the new Arctic Cat snow pro's will be able to touch those things!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know someone who raced at the snowcross in Lake Geneva, WI last spring. After the event (the next day) his buddy went back to pick up a snowmobile stand he had left. Polaris was there secretly testing their a-arm suspension.

I want to ride every day, all day, as fast as I can.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does anyone else think that the new Doo kind of looks like a Blade?? I was just taking a closer look at it on www.maximumsled.com and thought that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts