Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Could be a loaded question the way it is phrased. I would take a new engine, but it depends on how the engine is rebuilt?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
ya if u just do a cheap gasket job and say its rebuilt u better go new..usually new is better id personnaly think

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
it depends on how the rebuilt is done. if its done by the average joe its not to good but when done professionally it can be more powerfull and longer lasting than stock. but im gonna go with stock. unless the motor has high miles on stock

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
New is always better, especially if it is in a new, current model sled. But I've rebuilt a few engines and they run as strong as new and don't cost as much.

·
Registered
661 Posts
As stated above, It usually boils down to how much you want to spend. Also depends on how far gone the rebuild candidate is. Rebuilding is kind of a broad description.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Rebuilt engines have way more oppurtunities for the "rebuilder" to screw up, however when done correctly they can last longer then a new engine. There is also many other variables, such has how much material had to be machined. Too much can cause weaknesses in the motors.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Originally posted by v-maxsledder
[br]it depends on how the rebuilt is done. if its done by the average joe its not to good but when done professionally it can be more powerfull and longer lasting than stock. but im gonna go with stock. unless the motor has high miles on stock
so your saying some one like my father who has rebuit about 50 motors cant rebuild one as good as a guy who works a dealer ship? Heck ive rebuilt motors, i just need some help here and there.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Originally posted by proxJ
[br]
Originally posted by v-maxsledder
[br]it depends on how the rebuilt is done. if its done by the average joe its not to good but when done professionally it can be more powerfull and longer lasting than stock. but im gonna go with stock. unless the motor has high miles on stock
so your saying some one like my father who has rebuit about 50 motors cant rebuild one as good as a guy who works a dealer ship? Heck ive rebuilt motors, i just need some help here and there.
proxJ is right, sometimes the "average joe" can be many times better at rebuilding an engine. It doesn't matter if you are a professional or not, it all depends on how much care and effort you put into the rebuild.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts