Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone checked out the Polaris site lately? There's a new pop-up window thats advertising something that's going to be released on their website on Aug 5th. New ATV, PWC, snowmobile??? Any guesses?

I'm leaning towards a sled due to the timeing. It's too late to be realeasing a PWC or an ATV, and it doesn't look like a bike. But either a high performance 4 stroker sled, or a radically new chassis design like the REV in a limited build capacity shouldn't be ruled out.

Maybe this was all part of their plan by not releasing it at the same time as the RX-1 and the REV. Man, their sure as he!! due for something exciting. Whats everyone else think?

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I would say a new ATV. Think about it, when do manufacturers normally debut their next model year lineup? At the end of the season that is when. Like with snowmobiles they debut the 2003s close to the end of the 2002 season. Think of August as a close to the end time for ATVs. Thats my say in it anyway. And from the pop-up I say it is definetally not a bike. I lean towards a four wheeler since that N and R you see seem to be Neutral and Reverse. I think anyway.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:

I would say a new ATV. Think about it, when do manufacturers normally debut their next model year lineup? At the end of the season that is when.

I lean towards a four wheeler since that N and R you see seem to be Neutral and Reverse. I think anyway.

[/quote]

I agree with the second part about reverse and neutral, but the first part is not always true. Race sleds are barely ever shown before fall, and last year AC didn't introduce their 900 till halfway through the season so anything is possible. I wouldn't rule out a 4stroke sled either.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I have no clue, from the graphics they show I"m assuming ATV, the last image before the pop up thing ends looks ATV-like to me.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I saw the N and R lever as well. ATV or sled, we'll see Aug 5th. I still think it could possibly be a sled. I know when they normally release sleds, but due to the REV and the RX-1 being released then, it would of stolen Polaris's "thunder". If it is a sled I'm thinking it would be a limited build for this year.

What ever it is, it has a performance feel about it. If its an ATV, its definately not some sort of Sportsman type.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
yep definetally a sporty ATV or sled I say. ANd Bigwilly is right companies have become unpredictable with announcements

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
ruin our fun :), where you get that info? still like to know what that N and R means then. Hmm maybe it is a watercraft with reverse?

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Speculating is fun. Damn you erick for ruining our fun!

Erick's dad works for Polaris, I'm sure that info is correct... Inside sources...

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
erick <--------- ruiner!
People with their inside info, heh, heh. Oh well, it was fun to dream for a bit.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Found this pic:

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have heard through my local dealer, who's friend has been testing the new 4 stroke 150 turbo engine in the sled. Watch out RX-1 is what I'm hearing from them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts