Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new toy today for ice fishing and trail riding.

Its a 1997 Polaris XLT 600cc Triple 2-Up Touring Sled

[attachment=56367]

[attachment=56368]

[attachment=56369]

[attachment=56370]

[attachment=56371]

Should be a lot of fun on the ice and trails! Cant wait!

Its my first snowmobile since I was a kid. And yes I'll take it very easy. Had it inspected by a snowmobile mechanic and he said he cant believe how well it was taken care of. Good sign!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
great sled! have one myself, dont take the corners too fast, as i learned today she is a little easy to tip! the only problem we have had is the fuel line in the tank rotting off. if i were you id replace it with some new stuf right away.

·
Registered
123 Posts
a picked touring sled that should be differant. have fun

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
dang! looks like you got yourself a virgin there! dont look like nobodys rode that girl! looks to be in great shape. and yes they made quite a few wedges in 97. and for a few years after that.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Nice score. After a long layoff I think your be very pleased with the sled.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Is that just a regular XLTsp that somebody put a two up seat on? If it was a factory two-up, wouldn't it come with a 136" track?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yeah, I think Pigboy's right- that's an XLT special with a 2-up seat. Nice sled! One thing to be careful of - with two riders bottoming out that suspension with studs-OUCH!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
If it is just a regular XLTsp and youre going to be doing a lot of two up trail riding you may want to look into heavier springs for the back. If it will just be two up for ice fishing then you will probably be ok.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Fox Shocks are rebuildable (better performance) and it looks in good shape, good find!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Great find. Checking the rear springs is easy. Measure the diameter of the spring and call the dealer to verify you have two-up springs. You shouldn't have issues with the studs, their not tall enough to worry about. Just make sure there's tunnel protectors above the track in the tunnel.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
you dont have to worry about hitting your coolers with studs on these sleds, the coolers are under the floor boards...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts