Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when polaris willintroduce its 2003 models. And if they plan on coming out with an xc900 to compete with the zr900.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
They haven't said anything yet. I will ask my local dealer when I go to talk to them about the Firecats this week. They deal mainly in Polaris sleds. We got to ride a pre production Edge chassis XC 600 cause they got one.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Hey guys, ushually they will come out with them in march and the zr 900 isent that great i think a polaris 700 could run with it but i know that the 800 could. Because in the new york shoot out they raced the 700 polaris it reached 98 in a quarter of a mile the zr only reach 91.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I can't wait to see what the put out this year

I want an XC 500 SP or XC 600 SP in the Pro-X chassis.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by XCSP 700GUY:

Hey guys, ushually they will come out with them in march and the zr 900 isent that great i think a polaris 700 could run with it but i know that the 800 could. Because in the new york shoot out they raced the 700 polaris it reached 98 in a quarter of a mile the zr only reach 91.

[/quote]

Once again......

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I don't expect to see ANYTHING special from polaris this year. just a feeling I have that their product line will stay about the same with minor improvements.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I think it would be a HUGE mistake by polaris not to release anything big this year because they will lose market share fast! There is simply too much innovation from the other vendors for them to ignore.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:

I don't expect to see ANYTHING special from polaris this year. just a feeling I have that their product line will stay about the same with minor improvements.

[/quote]

un, huh.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I agree with intended. The 700 is not going to run with the 900. Sure, there are going to be differences in low, medium and high end. However, the 900 will spank the 700 9 out of 10 times.

I do hope Polaris comes out with something very inventive. I have ridden the 2001 and 2002 XC800 and while the 2002 is easier to start, it isn't that substantial of an improvement from '01 to '02. Not enough to trade my '01 in anyway.

Live to Ride! - FrozenSmile

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
it would be a mistake not to come with something but I just don't know. Like with Cat and SkiDoo you can see in their Race teams what 2003 held but Polaris all they did was lighten up the Pro-X and work the engine a little. Whatever I know the more I say that they won't have anything the more I will probably be wrong :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ok Boys I got the specs from the old forge shootout in New York right on my desk! If you guys dont' know what that is, its a drag race where dealers take thier sled straight from the box...ALL STOCK and drag them to see how well they run!
The XC SP 700 results were after 660ft 82.27 mph, 1000ft 94.54 mph, and 1320ft. 98.03mph!! The ZR 800 results were after 660ft. 81.52mph, 1000ft 93.17mph, and 1320ft. 94.14 mph!!
As you can tell the Cat stuck with the Polaris for the first part and the Polaris pulled away significantly in the end!! I'm not saying the Polaris 700 will beat the Cat 900 but it will definetely give it a run!!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
all I know is in my personal experience the XC 700 has never beat the ZR 800. I have watched the two race many times and never does the 700 win. I know the facts there I am just stating experience. Mine is just opinion I guess.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Those numbers are very true. There were even Polaris 600 twins beating the other manufacturers 700 twins. It is all true, no lies here. Heck, the Polaris 600 twin even gives the Polaris 700 twin a run for it's money.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
yeah thats true when me and xc700man were drag racing we also had an 2002 xc 600 racing against us it hung with us out of the hole but we pulled away after a little bit. Erick was there

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
cool guys. I just know in my own personal experience things go slightly different. But hey the recorded facts(by reputable source) are what they are no arguing.

Edited by - Sled_Dog on February 04 2002 5:51:14 PM

·
Registered
295 Posts
All I know is the Old Forge Shootout is a very big thing, and it usually sets the standards for the year on sled performance!!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Polaris man the XC 600 SP is already in the Pro-X chassis. It is called the Pro-X 600 go ask your local dealer about it they will know. My local dealer had one months ago.

·
Registered
295 Posts
LOL!!! Good ovservation sled dog!! I've rode the pro-x 600 definetely need the edge suspencion that m-10 is a bitch!!
It bucked me off right over the handle bars!!! YOUCH!!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Ya i heard the stock polaris 800 will wax arctics 900. and i believe it too.

Ride Polaris!

1 - 20 of 117 Posts