Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy just picked up his 1993 XLT its got 7,000 miles on it.
It also has Dyno port racing pipes, no clue on the jetting, the clutch has a dark blue spring in the primary and 10 AL weights, is this stock clutching ?? and how "good" are the dyno port pipes.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i was just reading some forum on hard core sledder and this guy was asking the same question i odnt know if its true or not but somebody replied saying that all it does is make it louder and your gonna lose about 5 hp

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never heard of the Dyno port pipes they look like S*&^t the welds on them look horrible so I wouldn't doubt it

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Hey Brennan, does your buddy think that TURD has something for your XC????.....LOL, JK, I've never knew that Dyno Port made trips for the XLT's, and its been quite a while since my brother's 96 XLT with SLP pipes, so maybe some of the other guys here can help out with clutching and jetting specs, you know what I know and what I know makes our sleds GO!!!!!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
buddies XLT of his engages around 5,000 rpm and runs quite good

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, he knows I will put a hurting on the XtraLargeTurd plus it has no studs so there goes the race. On another note, I found on the net that a XLT came with a gold primary spring and 10m weights. I think his weights are a 10 AL but I could barley see the markings I deffinely saw a 0 on the weight, his spring is deff. not stock its DK blue. I just aneswered my own Q. LOL

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
are you sure they are dyno port?, and if it has 7000 miles get ready to rebuild the engine top to bottom in the next year. but a xlt with pipes and the right set up will pull hard. Sorry i dont remember what i had in mine.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Dynoport made/makes triples for the XLT. I have a set. Sound really nice, have only put a mile on them though.

dynoport.com for information, give them a call about jetting and clutching, (315) 252-2113.

Recommended 230 mains for mine with a spring change for 108HP at 9000RPM...about a 16HP increase, but i have the 597 HO not the 580...i'd just give them a call.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Originally posted by mdmaniac
[br]Dynoport made/makes triples for the XLT. I have a set. Sound really nice, have only put a mile on them though.

dynoport.com for information, give them a call about jetting and clutching, (315) 252-2113.

Recommended 230 mains for mine with a spring change for 108HP at 9000RPM...about a 16HP increase, but i have the 597 HO not the 580...i'd just give them a call.
a 230 main jet is WAY to small, a stock XLT with 34mm carbs have bigger mains jets than that. i had 290 main jets with my pipes. stock was 260

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Dynoport recommended the 230s. Im still running the stock 260's in it, I have the 38MM carbs too

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[br]Dynoport made/makes triples for the XLT. I have a set. Sound really nice, have only put a mile on them though.
Yeah, The dyno ports do have a nice sound to them(kinda quiet)but nice tone

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mdmanic whats your clutch setup ??

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
[br]Dynoport recommended the 230s. Im still running the stock 260's in it, I have the 38MM carbs too

have you rode your sled yet? make sure you check your jetting, that seems way to lean for pipes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts