Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i started my resto project on the 75 eltigre 340 now. seat tank and windshield are off. CDI box is on order, as well as the ignition switch and new windshield. i think it could use a plug cap and some paint on the skis, ill clean up the heads, any other suggestions would be aprrieciated
[attachment=51076]
all the way to the left
[attachment=51078]
tank and dash
[attachment=51079]
quad plug motor
[attachment=54100]
seat and tank off
[attachment=54101]
tunnel before shining, should have it polished by this sunday
[attachment=54102]
another motor shot
I plan to hopefull yhave this sled runnng by the end of the month, then i'll pull my 80 enticer in and tear that apart...more pics to follow!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anybody know if the 75 tiger had an air box????

·
Registered
136 Posts
they started to use an air box in 75 el tigres

the part number for your airbox should be 0109-656

hope this link makes to this thread

http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/link.cgi?path=/Parts/SNOWMOBILE/1975/1975ELTIGRE340(0250-064-1975)/ENGINEMOUNTINGPARTS.html

says they still stock em but at a $150 I'd find one off EBAY.
How is your seat cover? They still offer a replacement one from cat, but my dealer whacked just under three hundred beans for it. I had later been told should be able to purchase for around $240 less shipping. CDI's can be found on EBAY too for alot less then Dennis Jerk and many times it is OEM KAWA.

Problem with EBAY is it can take monthes of time before someone decides to auction one off. Yet have seen lots of good cat parts NOS from a few sellers.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Originally posted by jimlang
[br]they started to use an air box in 75 el tigres

the part number for your airbox should be 0109-656

hope this link makes to this thread

http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/link.cgi?path=/Parts/SNOWMOBILE/1975/1975ELTIGRE340(0250-064-1975)/ENGINEMOUNTINGPARTS.html

says they still stock em but at a $150 I'd find one off EBAY.
How is your seat cover? They still offer a replacement one from cat, but my dealer whacked just under three hundred beans for it. I had later been told should be able to purchase for around $240 less shipping. CDI's can be found on EBAY too for alot less then Dennis Jerk and many times it is OEM KAWA.

Problem with EBAY is it can take monthes of time before someone decides to auction one off. Yet have seen lots of good cat parts NOS from a few sellers.
those prices they show are canadian funds

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes thise prices are canadian funds. You also get 5% off on internet orders.

I use those prices listed as a guideline so when you do the US currency conversion it ends up that is approximately what the parts cost you to get them shipped to your door from Canada.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
those ole Quad pluggers are a pretty neat ole sled ,buddy of mine used to have a 400 cc quad plugger,that ran great

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
one of the next sleds im gonna get is a 440 Z, preferably a 77, i love em...lol

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys i need help, im gonna tear the hood off, and redo the whole thing, now i wish i had a close shot, but it mustve fallen out at some time, and the guy rivited the grille on, the thing that hides the lights, so i need to figure how the grille was held on threw the factory, i was gonna drill the rivits out, and putty them, but it would do any good if i didnt know how it should be attached

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey Nick,
The grille was held on by some speed nuts. The grille had threaded tabs that went through the hood. I always go to Alpha Sports when I need to see parts. www.alpha-sports.com/arctic_cat_parts.htm They have an on line parts catalog for just about every machine.
John

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im getting ready to strip the hood, i was ready to purchase decals, but had a thought, i like the look of the 340Z decals better. would it be wrong to put 340 Z decals on a 340?? whats the dif betweent eh 340 and the 340 Z's?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'll tell you what might be cooler is to leave the standard 340 decals on and find a 340Z or 440Z engine and z dual pipes to put into it. You can have one very fast sleeper! I had both a 75 340Z and 440Z that I used to grass drag and they were very fast.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well thats what im probably gonna do, but i love the flames on the hood on the 340 Z's. but cant find them sepretly, i think im just going with the 340Z decals

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi Nick,
I don't know what you may be looking to spend but I found a site that sells reproduction decals for the 75 Z's. www.afegraphics.com/75acel4z.htm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts