Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I have a 01 Polaris XC SP 600 which I put a 136" track with 2" lugs in the middle and had to shave off a little of the out side paddles to fit under the coolers. I had to use the lower setting on the drop brackets to clear the heat exchangers as well. I had the shocks rebuilt and tightened them up as far as I could get it to bring the front end up more. However this is simply a band-aid to a bigger problem. I was wondering if a pair of better Fox shocks or Walker evans might be bigger/longer and help to bring the front end up to help with steering/ski pressure, and just better driveability? or is there something else I need to do that does not involve rolling a chain case or re-drilling new holes, or have I almost exceeded the capacity from turing a short track into a long track. Thanks[8D]

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
What is wrong with the steering? Too much ski pressure or not enough?

·
Registered
426 Posts
If i am right for better drive-ability, like cornering and keeping the skis on the ground, you would want the front end to be lower. If it is higher it will become more tippy. Higher=less ski pressure(generally worse handling)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
from where the carbides split ( they are dual carbides) they are 17 in. It doesn't seem to turn the best, you turn the handlebars and you still go straight, its harder to steer-probablly due to the stiffer shocks. I like to ride in the powder more, only do trail when I have to. But Im looking to bring the front up so it doesn't dive in the powder and look like the front of the sled is kissing the ground. Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey everyone,
that was a horribly kept up thread on my part. My apologies, turns out too much ski pressure, wacked up suspension due to drop brackets in the back and no adjustments in the front all this equals worn off carbide..thus causing poor steerting. We live and learn. Thanks for the help or sugesstions, I will work on keeping up with topics I start. Again, my apologies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts