Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 03 xc700sp polaris want to change the skis but need advice on what would be the best im an aggressive driver so need good steering any thoughts!!

·
Registered
718 Posts
i hear the polaris gripper skis are pretty good. slp makes the powder pro and that other one. i forget what it's called. i had powder pros on my 03 edge x 800. pretty good set of skis, but in crusty snow conditions, the sides would dig in and cause it to be real tippy.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
The slp powder pro is a diverse ski. Works well in every condition you will encounter. As far as tippyness on hard pack I haven't experienced that. There are a few different ways to mount the ski to change how the sled handles for rider preference. The runners last longer than most others out there. And if you bend or tweak the ski.... Just put it by some heat and it will pull back to it's original form or close to it. Like a fireplace for example.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Trails? off trail??
I like my C&A's but they are hard on a guy in low snow, hard pack conditions. In loose chewed up snow they are great. They don't float off trails as well as a slydog or simmions.

If I was going to buy a new set of skis it would be sly dogs, but I would keep my oems for low, early season riding.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I have some blue SLP Tri-keel II's I'd sell you, pm if interested. Way better than stocker or any C&A's which are for racing snowcross.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
myvertxcape said:
I have some blue SLP Tri-keel II's I'd sell you, pm if interested. Way better than stocker or any C&A's which are for racing snowcross.
Ive never gotten the hype on the c&a skis. They look like a flat piece of plastic with a 3 inch keel on the bottom to steer a sail boat. Doesn't seem like there is much engineering into them ?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I still love the SLP ultralites but they are a bit dated. I am trying C & As now as well as a set of USI triple threats. Not enough miles on each to report though....

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Bmxican said:
myvertxcape said:
Ive never gotten the hype on the c&a skis. They look like a flat piece of plastic with a 3 inch keel on the bottom to steer a sail boat. Doesn't seem like there is much engineering into them ?
apparently you havn't looked close. There are a few variations on the bottoms.
Best ski I had was the pinkor redish polaris/slp ski. Too bad that one isn't made anymore.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I liked my C&A's. I had the Razors with 9" sharper bars. In low, low conditions (mostly at slow speeds) it was harder to turn (actual force input on the bars) over the stock Polaris skis with 8" single bar carbides. But when doing 40+ MPH, turned on rails, and felt about the same as OEM skis as far as force. When you come into a corner on the trail to hot, the skis bite hard, dont push and you rail around the corner, where the stockers would push. But like I said, as well as xcr440 said, at low speeds or in low, low snow, the C&A's are harder to turn than OEM's. I found they floated better than stock skis, but not quite as good as the other's (simmons, slydogs, etc...) but C&A has a 7.25" wide ski for snow floatation if that's what you want them for, so its all buyer preference.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
jesse500 said:
but C&A has a 7.25" wide ski for snow floatation if that's what you want them for, so its all buyer preference.
They actually make a 8" wide mountain ski now. I have the XT's (7 1/4" wide) on my SnoPro. I am not impressed with how they float.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
xcr440 said:
Bmxican said:
myvertxcape said:
Best ski I had was the pinkor redish polaris/slp ski. Too bad that one isn't made anymore.
That's what I got now bit either goi g to the USO x2 or triple threat because they float better off trail. But the skis work great on trail.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
xcr440 said:
Bmxican said:
myvertxcape said:
I'm not sure I just looked at them and I see perfectly flat skis, and a square keel. And yeah a few variations if u count the two outer keels that would designed to keep snow under the ski for it to have steering ability. Just saying it looks like the least engineering has gone into it as far as other after markets. Surprised they work well. If guys say they work well they must. I haven't rode an iq chassis with them on. That's probably the only way I could tell a true difference.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
xcr440 said:
Bmxican said:
myvertxcape said:
Those would be the ultralites.....I have about 5-6 sets in the garage. NFS

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I put them on my 95 xcr 600. Loved them, I bought black bottoms for them. Way stronger than the regular version.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
love my usi triple threats.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts