Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just bought a new helmet today. I was able to get a Fulmer As-FX2 helmet for $89.00, regularly $139.00. This is an off-road helmet, I have riden full face all my life but I am trying something new. I wore my buddy's last year and loved the visibility of it. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good pair of goggles? I was going to buy a pair of SCOTTS today for $50.00, but did not know if it was a good deal.

Here is a pic of the helmet,

/snofan/../images/users/baero/AFSX2_092.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/baero/eyes2.gif

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Nice helmet, have u decided on yer goggles yet?

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Baero:
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good pair of goggles? I was going to buy a pair of SCOTTS today for $50.00, but did not know if it was a good deal.

[/quote]

Think this answers you question P-man...

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I dunno, perhaps he bought some today? How am I supposed to know.

I have Spy goggles, they are nice. Kind of expensive tho, I think I paid 75 CDN dollars.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
For moto-x I use the Scott High Voltage. I highly recommend them! They are so much better that the normal 89 model, better sealing, better feel, and better overall performance. I think that you can get the anti-fog lenses, but I'm not sure. Cost is about $50

---------------
FOR SALE: 91 Polaris Indy 500 SP...check my profile for more info and pictures

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking at the Scott Hi-Voltage models today, I think they were $45.00. They seemed pretty comfortable and I think I am going to get them. I also looked at the Spy, I guess I did not notice the price on those.

Does anyone use those Quick Straps? I was wondering how well the velcro holds up in winter conditions or if they fall off often?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
What do you guys wear under your helmets? Like a belaclava? I think that my face would be to cold with an open helmet like that.

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I usually wear just a thin mask under my full face, when I wore my friends open face last year I wore the same thing and I did not get cold. But then again, I wear shorts under my snowpants. I have to or I get too hot, no matter what the temp is.

If it does get too cold, I will just wear my full face.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Yeah but you said that you always used to ride with a full face helmet. On a -10 day with wind, a thin mask ain't gonna keep the cold from biting you with an open face helmet.

I wear a normal balaclava.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, it will depend on the temp I guess.

·
Registered
243 Posts
You can't beat the goggles for good vision, but I usually wear a full face for warmth.

You don't have to believe everything you think!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts