Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as the story goes, I have been looking for a new sled to replace my 94 RXL for over a month. I had a deal worked together with the Polaris dealer in the area last saturday the 4th for a 2003 Polaris 600 Edge with 4200 miles on it. It had a new track and good maintenance records. We settled at $3000 but I found that a bracket was broke on the engine that holds up one on the cooling hoses and the hose was darn near rubbed through. The salesman told me that they would order a hose and bracket first thing Monday morning and the sled should be ready on thursday. I said that would be great but I wouldn't be able to pick it up until saturday the 11th. I said i'd call and come out to pick it up.
This saturday rolls around and I call the dealer at 10:30 and the salesman said the sled was in the shop right then but it would be ready in about an hour. I was kind of mad but decided to go have lunch with some friends to burn some time. I got home around 1:15 and there was a message at 1:00 from the dealer. I called the salesman and he informed me that they bought the wrong hose and would have to order another on Monday but I could come pick it up if I wanted. This angered me because I knew he lied. It doesn't take 2.5 hours to figure out you ordered the wrong hose. I told him to keep it until they fixed it.
So anyways, here I am totally bummed because I have a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket and no sled, until about 1:30 today. The wife and I went to Wal-Mart and on the way I saw a 2004 Polaris 700 XCSP for sale on someones front lawn. The wife said we should stop and look at it on the way back but I said no because those sleds are like $4000-5000. On the way home my wife reminded to stop, so as the loving husband should do I listened. To my AMAZEMENT there was a sticker price on the handlebars that said $2995 includes cover. I looked the sled over noting 3000 miles and the studded track, hand and thumb warmers, and spotted PERC electric reverse! I called the phone number immediately and of course it was the family inside the house that answered the phone. They came out and we hashed out a deal for $2800!
So now I have my new sled.

[attachment=48279]
[attachment=48280]
[attachment=48281]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Hot lookin' machine!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
That completely blows! Good for you, but sucks for me... I paid $3000 for my '03 with 3,400 miles.
You STOLE that sled. Enjoy it! Nice looking machine.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Originally posted by polarissledneck28
[br]so jealous, u got a deal! i am not gonna tell u what i paid for 01 550 :( lol 2600 with tax!
Ouch, I got a 01 Trail RMK with 1600 miles in 2004 for $1600 in the cities.

·
Registered
982 Posts
That is definitely a steal and that color combination is awsome. I guess there's nothing like being in the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
damn....you suck...that is an awesome sled....looks to have a m10 suspension too.....excelent buy,Ive been looking for a sled like that for about a year now I usually see them around 4000.00 or better

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.