Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a few sledders from Manitoba here (me included) and I thought that I would bring this to their attention.

http://www.snowgoercanada.com/news/news.php3?newsid=148

In my opinion the stickers on the hood SUCK! Plain and simple. Just my thoughts tho.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
ok.....i will begin ranting now:

the ID thing doesnt bother me that much, besides the fact they sound big and ugly if they are the same as on boats but the speed limit thing does

ok.....as an avid sledder i know, that everytime i start up my sled, i have a chance of gettin hurt or killed, or hurting someone else. its a risk i choose to take, i love to sled, and the risk is part of the fun. cars have speed limits and ppl die on the road everday, sleddin is like steppin in a car, u can be as careful as possible and still get hurt, u can choose not to drive and still not get hurt.....but LIFE IS RISKY, u are born, ur gonna die somehow, for some reason if a person doesnt die by natural cuases, everyone gets all uptight and blames ppl, ppl must learn to understand that everything in life is risky, from turnin on ur blender in ur kitchen, to riding ur sled. governments are tryin to restrict everythign possible, cant we do nething w/o gettin in trouble? i mean in 10 years, we will only be able to ride our sleds between certain hours for only a certain amount of time, i am not an evil and crule person taht wants ppl to die, but i think that u have to die somehow, i wouldnt like to see some lil kid splattered on the trail or road, or an adult, but unless u can find someplace that is perfectly safe w/ no risks (good luck) u are always at risk of something...pretty soon someone will say "no more electricity cuz u might get fried" it will just keep on gettinw orse and worse

but i quit now......im done w/ my opinion.....lol.....feel better too

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also dislike the "In addition, the legislation would create a new "imprudent driving" offence which would apply to all off-road vehicle operators. This offence would permit law enforcement officials to charge operators who drive too fast for the terrain conditions. Bill 42 would also replace most of the separate penalty provisions under the current act with a general penalty provision which raises the maximum fine level to $2,000 from the current range of $100 to $300."

Some people can have complete control going 90 miles an hour down the ditch where others won't. If you are going by the cops discretion why don't they just say go 10 miles an hour all the time. All they want to do is ruin our fun. IMO.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i could rant bout that too......cuz what i feel comfortable doin only 30 mph over, u could feel comfortable doin 90.....its all in the skill and what u feel comfortable at, i go as fast as i feel comfortable and have fun, once in awhile to spice it up i will go faster than i feel comfrotable and realize that i shouldnt be and slow down.....its all commone snes

i know exactly how fast i can go and be in control and comfortable, no cop can tell me how fast i can go and be safe......so when they say u are goin to fast for conditions, i will say, i m comfortable and in control and i better not get taht ticket. i apply the same thing on the highways when they are icy, if i feel safe drivin 50, iw ill drive 50 until i meet the slow car doin 30, but that dont bother me and i dont push em.....cuz thas just the way i am.....

·
Registered
412 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by arctic-cat-guy:

ok.....as an avid sledder i know, that everytime i start up my sled, i have a chance of gettin hurt or killed, or hurting someone else. its a risk i choose to take
[/quote]

I don't agree. When people are out riding the trails and someone comes screaming around a corner at top speed at them and wipes them out, it's a little shallow to say that it was a risk the speeder chose to take. I'm not accusing anyone here of riding that way, however I'm sure the people that do ride that way believe that they are riding within their ability. We have to remember that there are people of all different riding abilities using the trails including those that are still learning, and we have to ride not only within our own ability but with consideration for other's learning curves. I've seen too many times "yahoos" screaming through the trails with no consideration for others sharing the trails.

JMHO

Jacqui.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a good point.

But I still say that yes you are taking a risk every time you take your sled for a ride. It's the same risk you take when driving down the highway above the speeed limit or on icy roads. It can end up bad but often it does not. Also I like driving fast but when there is a corner I always slow right down because you never know what is around the next corner.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i agree w/ u completely jacqui, ppl that cause accidents from excessive speeds and such, believe that they are riding within their ability, but whoever they hit or cuased an accident w/, did take the risk.....im not sayin everyone should always drive as fast as they possibly can, but within reason. the tight and windy trails should be ridden within reason by everyone, the agressive riders should realize that the novice are on the trail to and look out for them...

·
Registered
412 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by bigwilly:
That is a good point.

Also I like driving fast but when there is a corner I always slow right down because you never know what is around the next corner.

[/quote]

Everything I have read from both Bigwilly and Arctic-Cat-Guy makes me feel that you are both responsible riders. I also like to ride aggressively. But there are people who think they are immortal and don't particularly care if they crash, they love the adrenilin. Unfortunately, they don't think about the other person they often take out with them. That's when we need some enforcement (ticketing) by the cops.

Jacqui.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
some enforcement is fine, in particular areas, i just got carried away, in a real tight windy trail w/ lots of traffic i can see w/ the speed limits, but where im from, there is no such thing as a tight windy trail.

i love the adrenaline from being scared on a sled, but i test everything out first, im not the WOT kinda guy, every jump i test out and get faster and faster, i have my trails around my yard and ditch that i can do like 80 down, ppl unfamiliar could do like 30, i know all the marks, bumps, ruts......

i think the main thing is to ride responsibly and be courteous, as i said in my example of driving on an icy road, if i think i can do 50, and i get behind a car doin 30 and i dont feel comfortable passin i dont, i give em their space cuz im cool w/ the fact that they only feel safe doin 30, the ppl that feel safe doin 50 when i feel safe w/ 30 are the ones that get right on ur ass and pass and think everyone should go their speed

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
This is dumb, it's just another way for the government to soak us of money.

If they think I"m sticking an ugly sticker on my 11 thousand dollar machine, they've got another thing coming.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
id say......at least make the sticker look good, match the sled even......but big black and white numbers are pretty ugly.....and the fine for riding to fast is at most 2000 bucks??? upping it from 100-300 bucks???? that is a lil to stiff i think.....even in cdn

·
Registered
777 Posts
well it,s only proposed right now,and they way the goverment operates around here ,it porbably won,t happen soon,Good,because those big stickers look like crap,there was also suppose to be a crack down on loud exhaust,Just great.. just put on a slp single can and pipe

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everyone is out to screw us sledders so they are probably gonna go ahead and actually follow through with this one

·
Registered
13 Posts
Erick first of all, I like the way your numbers and letters match. That doesn't look half bad! But... I can see where Polaris Man would be ticked though, I mean, he did just get a new sled and those number have definitely got the potential to be ugly... I KNOW that I am going to get crapped on for this but if they can make the numbers match the writing or some how make it like the blend in with the rest of the sled, it can't look too bad. Maybe...
I don't know... I would just rather have the numbers, if they were to look like Erick's, than have to pay some huge fine...

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
A buddy of mine, you probably saw him durring sno-x, has a 2002 600 EDGE (blue) and he got letters and numbers made up at the same place I did for his sled. They actually match the sled prety nice. The same kinda font as the sled and all, different colors, etc... You can make it look nice, or alright...just need to get custom made stuff.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

1 - 19 of 19 Posts