[attachment=57455]
[attachment=57456]
[attachment=57457]

almost forgot the hoods are swapped[:p]

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,678 Posts
So let me get this straight...you had a 550, and you upgraded to the 800?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Id assume you like Pro-X's? haha nice lookin sled. good idea with the hood switch.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Wait, doesn't the 550 hood have some special underhood cowls that direct the air into the fan? did you swap those out too?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the comments,

I got this sled with only 700 miles on it last week. Everything mechnical was perfect but the cometic needed a bit of work. The previous owner had kids who climbed on the hood and cracked it. The seat had some holes in it, so i swapped that too. He put a Cherry Bomb car muffler on it for kicks [xx(]. So that left a big hole in the dash. To fix it I ordered a new dash and swapped hoods to clean it up.

The 550 I have has 8100 miles on it and is a great sled. I would have been driving it a lot longer if it wasn't for the fact that it lacks power when the trails open up. The plan was to pick up a Pro x 600 for the added boost in power. But this turned up for a great price. Also the shocks all have clickers which is a nice added bonus.

The 550 is now my sisters sled to learn on. My 11 year old sister thinks its pretty cool that the hood says 800.

About cooling issues on the fan it does run hotter but my dad might notch the hood a bit too help. But this summer ill take the hood to a body shop to get fixed and painted then maybe cover it in a vinyl.

The owner has 22/43 gearing in it along with stock 450 mains. so the only mods so far is 24/41 gearing and 430's. On hardcoresledder.com many say to go with 1.80 - 1.90, but when i tried it it didn't seem that strong so im borrowing gears to test.

If you guys have any tips for easy mods or clutching/gearing tips please let me know

thanks
zak

1 - 13 of 13 Posts