Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new sled today...
I wasn't even looking for a sled but I found a deal that I couldn't pass up.. It's a 2000 XC 600sp.. I'm stoaked.. it's a bit cosmetically challeneged but nothing a good clean won't fix.. the compression is excellent and dead even on both cylinders the shocks are good, it's got a brand spankin' new set of carbides, track and studs look good, runs mint.. I picked it up for only $3200cdn or $2285usd for you American boys..

It's not perfect though.. the snow flap is toast, the seat has a rip, and there is a tiny crack in the hood.. all of wich the previous owner made a point of showing me.. he also threw in a helmet w/ a brand new heated visor, a spare visor still in the package (not heated), a 5 gal pail of amsoil, new set of sliders, and a cover.!

Here's a pic I'll post some better pics after I get it cleaned up..

let me know what ya think..

Cheers,

·
Registered
581 Posts
it doesnt look like its in bad condition great snatch 650Indy

·
Registered
777 Posts
very good buy,if you weren,t aware, that was,or is still one af the fastest 600 around,f-6 is probably faster,just keep the valves clean,and if its stock ,a little clutch work later,will give some improvement,all in all, nice sled,
Thats exactly how mine Used to look like.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've heard they were a real quick 600.. It has a boost bottle and some clutching done..

How do I properly clean the vavles..? I know I saw a post where p-man had his apart.. any info would be great..

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Very nice!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
yes it looks like its going to be a very nice sled once u get the nitty gritty stuff done.. Personally, Im always looking at things to do to mine.

Problem is where the hell you going to fit it? That garage is pretty damn full !![:0]

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by xc700_02
[br]Problem is where the hell you going to fit it? That garage is pretty damn full !![:0]
hahaha no worries.. that's not my garage.. that's of where I got it from....

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
cleaning the valves are easy, just need a 10mm wrench and some sort of cleaner (carb cleaner works) and dont' use anything too abrasive so it scratches the face of the valve.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Nice sled, How many Km does it have on it.
Thats a great deal.
It looks like its in great shape, the things you listed are all real minor. He threw in more than enough extras to make up for a few minor flaws. 3200 is an unreal deal.
Good pick up

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it's got 4200miles....

It definatly wasn't a "lady" driven sled.. But I still think it was a great deal.. locally they are selling for alot more than what I got it for..

I picked up a new seat today (a freind replaced his w/ a BOSS so I got it for a steal).. now I just have to decide what I want to do about the crack in the hood..

I'll get some more pics up this week-end...

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
You got yourself a good deal! At the very least drill a tiny hole at both ends of the crack to keep it from getting bigger.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've heard that.. how close to the crack do I need to drill the holes.. and what size..? Thanks again..!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hey, what are you gonna do with your old sled?? You have that custom paint job on it dont you?

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Drill a hole right at the end of the crack. This will keep it from spreading further. The next step is too frankenstein it. Drill holes every half inch or so down both sides of the crack then use zip ties to stitch the holes together. Gives a nice lookin frankstein scar when your done and the crack wont get any bigger.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
LOL Darkstar! But you don't have to do all of that. All that is needed is a very small hole at each end of the crack.Just make sure that the end of the crack runs into the hole. I did this on a crack on my '93 Xlt hood a few years ago and it has not gotten any bigger.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by SledHead
[br]hey, what are you gonna do with your old sled?? You have that custom paint job on it dont you?
It's For Sale..
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/snofan/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7888

Darkstar,
Thanks but the crack is only like 1" so I'm just gonna drill a hole at the end. and reinforce the back w/ some mat and resin..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts