Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought myself a early christmas present a 87 A.C. jag 440 its like brand new, not even a scratch, everything looks to be original and its only showing 1200 miles, it fires right up and looks to have had good maintanince, stored indoors, my question is are there any weak areas on this sled that i should know about , as i usally keep good maintiance on my stuff, so when the snow flies here i wanna be ready to go!,but this is my first sled so im a bit green, any advise will be greatly appricated, thanks!

jl wojcik jr

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
all i have to say is welcome to the forum, you wont be disappionted, cause you'll get the answers your looking for. dont know much about the jag's-sorry.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
pull the engine out and drop in a 650 wildcat engine ;) We have an 89 Jag AFS a.c. 440 that the guy before us ripped the engine out and dropped a Wildcat 650 L.C. of the same year in. That thing rips. Well it is out of commission right now though. replaced the suspension springs with springs on a Polaris. If you increase the amount of throttle you are feeding to it in the corner the one ski lifts of the ground.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
How much you pay for that beast? I'll tell you what, you gonna be spending bout 5000 next year, lol. u gonna have so much fun on it, ur just gonna want better!

Think Snow...hell...might as well think lots of snow!

Member #3 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Hmm, so far not too productive answers.

If it was well maintained, check and make sure the fan belt is still in good condition, check the carb, make sure it's clean. If you don't know how to check the clutches, get someone to look at them for you to make sure they are in good working order. Other than that you should be set. have fun on your machine!

"Might Be Crazy But I Ain't Dumb" - Cooter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts