Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found 2 2007 skidoo Rev 800's and the guy said he would sell them for a package deal of 7,000. He said the motors are great condition brand new tracks and they have serviced properly. I was wondering if this model of sled was good and reliable and how good the deal is.

·
Registered
567 Posts
holy #%#% dude id be all over em. what lengthh track are they how new do they look whats the mileage trailer includedstill for 2 o7 800 i dont think thats a bad deal and them 800 rotaxs are pretty good like anything else take care of em and theyll take care of you.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Bad deal...You should give me the name and address so I can give the guy a piece of my mind. Seriously, if you can swing it, I'd be on that deal like a hobo on a ham sandwich!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
dont get them!!! stay away! terrible sleds. blow motors every season. get some other sleds.

if you could send me the link to these, just to tell the guy what an idoit he is for even owning such sleds. oh and does he have a phone #?

lmao

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
yes, definetly a steal, one of these sleds would go for over $7000 here..... only one,.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys I knew this was one $%^& of a deal. I just wanted another opinion. How are the rotax 800 motors. I know a guy who has the skidoo 1000 and he has put 2 motors in it in the past 2 years, but i dont know how well he took care of it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
the 1000 had there issues but mainly what i heard was stators anyways rotax knows how to build an 800 to last regular maintance youll be good

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
They are not bad engines, proper upkeep is a must. Dootalk is a good source for info, I'm a member there and everyone has been really good in helping me getting answers.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
My dad sold his 07' Blizzard 800 Ptek for $4300 when he was DESPERATE for money. His original asking price was $6000.

The 1000's are entirely different ( Even a different chassis ).

The 800 Ptek was a great, powerful, reliable motor. I've seen 2 problems with reliability on them. The first one is the needle in the carb is not adjustable, so it must be shimmed. A lot of dealers will do it for you for the price of a carb cleaning. Chances are it may have already been done. The second one is, when the rider is not careful, they die. They have a decent low-mid range, and up top they have incredible power and torque.

When my dad was debating between 2 and 4-stroke, he decided to sell his Rx-1 that he had already put an IQ skid in, upgraded the front shocks to Ryde FX shocks, raised the seat a little, put a clutch kit on it and then did some other work here and there. His first ride on the Rev he hated it. After he got the suspension dialed in, and we got a little more snow, he couldn't have been happier. He liked the positioning, the power, and the fact that at startup it didn't smoke as bad as his 4-stroke. Yes, 4-strokes are actually dirtier than you think. If you dont believe me, start a cold 4-stroke sled with a piece of paper a few inches from the exhaust, and then after a couple minutes, rev it up a few times then look at the paper.

The Rev 800 also has the SC-4 skid which is a great suspension.

·
Registered
567 Posts
oh hell ya my rx 1 is the same way but hey sledcrusher you dad put and rx1 in an iq wow how he do that?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Good luck with them.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
If you search for it, we did a write up on the installation, but people kept flogging the topic until it got locked.

I'll pm with pictures.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts