Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don know if me and my dad got weaker this year but are 1990 indy 500 seemed lighter to lift when loadn and unloading then my new 2003 edge 600. I would think it should be lighter, any opinions?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Should be alittle heavier, you have more engine, more suspension, and more coolers.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Yup, check the difference in size of the radius rods, trailing arms, suspensions, there's alot more on the Edge than the Wedge of yesteryear.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
The new sled is liquid cooled so you have the weight of the coolers and the anti-freeze. The new sled has a much bigger suspension = more weight. The new sled has larger fuel and oil capacity = more weight. The new sled has a larger silencer and pipe = more weight.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
^^^^Erick his old sled a 90' indy 500 was liquid cooled also.

·
Registered
99 Posts
yea the new sleds get a little heavier but they do handle that much better anyways. my dad went from a 93 to a 2002 polaris and it handles way better and ways a bunch more

·
Registered
329 Posts
Well if you think about it this way. 13 years diffence between when you had them, then I would say, I find alot of things that seemed easier to do 13 years ago and I'm not that old.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Yep theres alot more to sleds these days! I thought they were aiming to make them lighter again like the firecat but then out comes the new F-sleds and there a lot heavier almost 50 pounds in some cases. But they are supossed to handle better and corner flatter but not as easy to flick around do to the weight. Maybe its just me but i like to fick around my sled and use my body so i feel like i am one with the machine and to know im a good rider rather than some punk on a new sled that takes no effort to ride!!!!! To just sit on top and steer seems like its taking some of the fun out of the sport!

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
^^^^^ Oh boy... How can I say nooobie and still be nice.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok thanks for the info guys i just assumed if they are newer they should be lighter

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]^^^^^ Oh boy... How can I say nooobie and still be nice.
Not sure what that is suposed to mean! If you ment newbie!!! You would be wrong!!! I also think the older sleds were more fun to ride they just couldnt handle the bumps or jumps as well! But they were a blast to flick around through the twisties!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts