Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey cool forum, sooo much info! Im a proud owner of a 98 700 srx mountain. Havent got to ride much yet, needed to be cluched and jetted. Anyway question is what is an ideal EGT to run? min - max? I have a vari-flow and a digitron, Also I may have jetted it a little 2 ritch, is there anyway i can modify the variflow to have a greater range of adjustment? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
you have to match the temps you are reading with the plugs and piston wash. until you get a baseline. ripperd did a good cut and copy in one the new digitron topics.
but basically you watch your temps while riding. you make a note of the air temps. then you stop and look at the plugs and piston wash. if it is 20 degrees out, and you are supposed to be jetted from -10to 20 above. the temps where around the 900-1000 mark. the plugs are a little black and there is a lot of piston wash. then the next day it is 0 degrees. the temps are in the 1200 range, but the plugs are a nice brown and the wash looks real good. so now you know what the temps are at ideal plug and piston readings. but you where supposed to be jetted for -10. so now you know that 1200 seems to be a very good range, you verified that with the plug and piston wash. so now you start out and the temps are in the 900-1200 range, but later in the day you see the temps getting close to 1300. now you should stop and look at the plugs and pistons again. the plugs are light brown getting white and there is basically no wash. at this point you should fatten up the tempaflow or put some tape over the intake foams to stop fresh air and suck warm engine air.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts