Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted a few things for my sled. I was flipping through a ski-doo accessories catalog and WANTED some stuff. I think summit's have "wasted space" behind the seat, just a flat sheet of aluminum. In the catalog I saw a pouch that fills up this area, you can always use more storage space. But, it was like 80 bucks. No thanks, pass. I noticed that the pouch looked very similar to one of those soft coolers you see at Walmart, so I bought one and it fit perfectly, $9 instead of $80.
Also I saw ski-doo had a colapsable shovel. $75. I found the same thing at auto-zone. $8 instead of $75. Sure the stuff doesn't say "Ski-doo", but who cares.
I'm especially happy about the shovel. I got stuck once last year and had to dig out with my hands alone. Only took 3 hours. Anyone ever dig out a 151" by 2" sled? Takes a lot to bury one. Just thought I'd prove what a cheapskate I am. [8D]

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Doesn't sound like your cheap to me, have to save money for gas & oil. Those are two items where your better off with good name brand stuff. I carry gas on the back of my T-cat on a rack. The big kitty burns some fuel when doing WOT runs up hill.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've dug out my 144 by 2 plenty of times. . . yes it sucks. Especially when you grab hold of the back and lift. You think you're picking it up because of the movement but you are actually sinking.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I only carry 2-1/2 gals if you fill the can its not a problem. I usually empty it into my sled as soon as I can to get the wieght off the back of the sled but it hasn't ever been a problem.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I carry one, sometimes two, 2.5 gallon jugs also. I stash them when we get up the mountain, then come back later in the day when I need it. That extra weight on the back makes a big difference. I used to empty it into my tank ASAP, but then discovered that on occasion its someone else that really needs it and if its already in my sled, its a PITA to get it out again.

I had to help dig out this dumb-ass...does that count? [:D] It was only the 6th or 7th time that day!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
yep, digging himself out would have cured that perma-grin he's got going, i guess i'd be smiling to with that kind of snow, that looks like a lot of fun......

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by hooha311
[br]I'd have to do a drive-by paintballing if he was smiling at me like that.
you beat me too it. that is one crazy smile.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
some choice words would be said after the 2nd or 3rd time of being stuck like that, but then again with 2 or 3 guys it goes pretty easy, doing it by yourself you will waste alot of time

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
It looks like to me that he came of that little roller on the left and nose dived on the flat.....A simple blurp of the throttle would have made for a very different outcome!!! Also, if your riding in waist deep fresh with no bottom I'll guarntee your gonna get stuck on the flats a few times.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts