Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K so I'm unhooking my kill switch til I find a new one since I'm replacing my throttle block. The one on my pro-r has the normal two wires coming off of it into a harness but it also has a switch that was held into the throttle block itself by a screw. When I took the screw out and unplugged it it's like a litte switch with a plunger on it that was compressed until I unpugged it. Sorry, wife has my camera so I can't take a pic. The "extra" switch also goes to it's own harness and I'm just wondering what'll happen if I just unplug both. Will it run like normal with just the key? Reason I ask is if I unplug both and put the hood back on and it doesn't work I'll have to take it back off. Since I'm not doing this til tomorrow I figured I'd ask....and yes, I'm lazy LOL.

K, it runs fine without. I had more wire under the hood than I thought. Now need to get a different switch

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
There should be two little switches in addition to the kill switch. One switch, when depressed tells the ecu that the throttle flipper is closed. The other switch takes over when the throttle is pressed. These two switches together, act as a throttle safety system in case your throttle cable sticks open. I just had them out on my Edge two nights ago. This is nothing new since my sled is a 2000.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. I had my kill switch apart on my 09' dragon and I can't remember seeing that...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts