Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my pick-up 4 years ago, and the dealer put on new tires, but he went as cheap as he good so the truck looked reall retard the wheel wells we twice the size of the tires

201091210250578_31486.jpg
this is what it looked like with the LT225/75R16 Terra Trac A/T's Load Rating D

2010912102737812_31486.jpg
2010912102745859_31486.jpg
2010912102753390_31486.jpg
this is what it looks like now with LT265/75R16 Goodyear Wrangler Authortity's Load Rating E (cause of the 5th wheel plate)

so far i have been extremly inpressed i have gone through stuff in 2 wheel drive i would not have tried in 4 with the ones, they have almost zero road noise, and before my truck was a one wheel wonder but with this it spins them both atleast on gravel, the only thing disappointing is now i am gona get speed tickets because my dreamometer is right, before it read nearly 10 mph faster at 55

feel free to post any comments

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
^^^^
Nice tires!
But like you said, you'll have to be careful with the difference on the speedometer not to get a ticket.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
brian126 said:
^^^^
Nice tires!
But like you said, you'll have to be careful with the difference on the speedometer not to get a ticket.
already got the fuzz buster

·
Registered
458 Posts
my dad has the same tires on his 04 dodge ram 2500
great tire, he took them off for the summer though.

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
sorry dude.. but they are tires. Fuzz busters are a waste of money, my brother writes tickets daily with cars having them in the windshield and I got 2 tickets with one in my windshield before I smarted up and slowed down.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
havnt got one yet, driving the atleast 10 mph over to compensate for the tires, aint had 1 speeding ticket EVER, it goes off when they show up

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
dodgetruck2 said:
havnt got one yet, driving the atleast 10 mph over to compensate for the tires, aint had 1 speeding ticket EVER, it goes off when they show up
Better not push your luck.

Nice set of tires you got on the truck..enjoy it while it lasts.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ain't much luck to push isnt much for cops around where i am at, if i am in town people are slow anyways so its hard to speed. and the highways are flat enough i can sight one out quicker then the detector can

now i am not syain i shoot around everywhere at 90, but i cruise over 65 on state highways

·
Registered
380 Posts
Too bad theyre walmart tires, no offense but you shoulda spent the extra 200 and got bfg km2s, if you wanted a good off road tire. But hey better than a/t's!!!!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya i wasnt to sure about them at first but there good years so that makes up for being walmart tires, and when you stretch this far to pay for a set of tires aint no room to go 200 more

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
polaris1man said:
On my second set of Bridgestone AT duelers on my Z71 Chev crew cab, 70,000 miles on 1st set
really? i looked at a set of them i think, are they very agressive?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PolarisPuglia said:
there is not way your speedo is off by 10mph by the way.
it was with the smaller tires i ran it agaist 2 different gps's and it was off by 9.somethin at 55

·
Registered
179 Posts
dodgetruck2 said:
PolarisPuglia said:
there is not way your speedo is off by 10mph by the way.
it was with the smaller tires i ran it agaist 2 different gps's and it was off by 9.somethin at 55
Its not gonna be off that much unless you have like 38 in boggers especially on stock rims.

I put Wrangler Duratracs on my silverado and love those tires. I will def be buying another set. Keep me posted on how you like your tires, my room mate was looking at getting a set of them

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I still love them i was just out mudding with it in the field and never even thought about 4 wheel drive, the duratracs were what i was going to get but they couldnt get them for over a week and i need some right away because i had one of my old ones blow out on me

then maybe it is still off because i checked it so many different ways, i used 3 different calculators on the internet, ran it against 2 gps's, ran it door to door with my buddys truck, and did i time test, all came up to around 10 mph off at 55

1 - 18 of 18 Posts