Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on?!
Just here to show off my new sled. I bought this sled & shipped it up right before winter hit. So far I've only put on less than 100 miles because it was one cold winter. Well it's always cold in Barrow, AK, I'm just getting older I guess. Anyway it's an '03 with a '04 motor, has the 136 rails not the extensions w/ 2" lug, VF3's, full ceramic coated SLP exhaust, Roxx raisers, FLY Aero-taper bars, Walker Evens clickers up front(heavy duty 5/8 shaft), Ryde FX clicker in the rear, & PERC. So far all I've done is take all the graphics off (a must for me) & put some of my own on, put a new seat & Dayco Ultimax on it. I want to keep it mostly stock to keep that reliability but I do want to work on the intake & clutching. That & I'll probably black it out like I usually do.
Vehicle Snowmobile Snow Racing Ice

Snowmobile Vehicle Winter sport Sled Snow

Snowmobile Vehicle Snow Winter sport Geological phenomenon

Vehicle Snowmobile Sled Winter sport Snow

Snowmobile Vehicle Snow Geological phenomenon Racing

Snowmobile Vehicle Winter sport Geological phenomenon Snow

Vehicle Boat Snowmobile Watercraft

Red Vehicle Helmet Automotive exterior Automotive design

Vehicle Snowmobile Sled Motorsport Racing

· Registered
4,364 Posts
sled looks great but i would throw a small led taillight on there for safety reasons a little something is better than nothing at all

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
polaris91 said:
sled looks great but i would throw a small led taillight on there for safety reasons a little something is better than nothing at all
Yeah, I've been looking for something but haven't come up with much yet. Most I see don't have bottom mounts, only back mounted brake lights. I want a clean look, something I could bolt down to the tunnel like the IQ chassis would be nice. Any ideas? I was looking at your pictures & that's one sexy ass sled. I love back on black & that shorty is sick. I like the red underneath the black. Like it was painted & wore of. Reminds me of a old school rat rod. How did you get that look?

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mad-Boondocker said:
jeez must be nice live in a place were below 5 is warm this time of year. love that sled
Not really because the weather is crazy here. One day it'll be beautiful & the next it's blizzard conditions with winds blowing 60 miles an hour & you can't see 2 feet in front of you. Barrow weather is NOTHING to envy, most of the time it's -30 or colder. You should see my riding gear. I'm loving it too but I still have a ways to go, thanks.

Edit: I'm obviously tired because I didn't see that sarcasm in that until now. Assuming you were being sarcastic that is. Big change from my home town, Jersey! Even bigger difference from Cali (moved to Alaska from Cali).

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PolarisIndySKS said:
I love the look of it how its just simple! Looks nice!
That's what I'm going for. When I was a teen I put as many stickers as I could fit but now I like my rides clean. I do anticipate more stickers but not many, windshield, C&A's, brake light, & a skid plate. All other mods will be under the hood & those will be minimal as well. Thanks for the feedback!

· Registered
4,364 Posts
MXZ700SKS700 said:
polaris91 said:
Yeah, I've been looking for something but haven't come up with much yet. Most I see don't have bottom mounts, only back mounted brake lights. I want a clean look, something I could bolt down to the tunnel like the IQ chassis would be nice. Any ideas? I was looking at your pictures & that's one sexy ass sled. I love back on black & that shorty is sick. I like the red underneath the black. Like it was painted & wore of. Reminds me of a old school rat rod. How did you get that look?
thanks man and that is exactly how it happened it was painted with vinal paint but it diddnt hold up well and it kinda wore off. for the light you would probbably either need to make an L beacket or i have also seen where people have taken the small led strips and mounted them to the bumper then ran the wires through the bumper

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
polaris91 said:
MXZ700SKS700 said:
polaris91 said:
thanks man and that is exactly how it happened it was painted with vinal paint but it diddnt hold up well and it kinda wore off. for the light you would probbably either need to make an L beacket or i have also seen where people have taken the small led strips and mounted them to the bumper then ran the wires through the bumper
I thought about the L bracket solution but I want that clean look & I know there is something out there I just need to keep looking. I'm good on the strip but drilling holes in the bumper & inserting LED's could be sick. Most I've seen have 2 wires & the harness on the sled has 3, any idea how they'd wired?

· Super Moderator
11,386 Posts
Long time no see! Last time I remember you posting you had that 97 SKS.

Sled looks good,should be a well rounded and reliable sled for you!

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RMK-KING said:
Long time no see! Last time I remember you posting you had that 97 SKS.

Sled looks good,should be a well rounded and reliable sled for you!
Yeah, it's good to be back. I moved back to Cali for a while so I was out of it for a while. I'm back now & loving the riding, well loving it when its warmer anyway. I tore the 97 down to rebuild it & upgrade the body to the Gen 2. Got the motor rebuilt but didn't put it back together before Cali so I sold it. Big mistake that was, I miss that sled. It's cool though, this current sled is sick. Good to type at you man!

rjs007 said:
Nice sled. I just pick a pro x up also i had to do some fixing but the price was right. Only 2800 miles. So your from Barrow? Do you know the Alreds??
Good luck with the Pro-X, they're sick sleds. What year & CC is the one you picked up? That I am, I went all through middle & high school with Donna, been fishing with Mike down in Homer, & Tuk I really only know from him coming to fix my boiler when it's down. How do you know them? If you know anyone else from here there is a very good chance that I know them or know of them because I've been here 15 years & this town is SO small. Only about 5,000 people & we're the "Big City" here on the North Slope.

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rjs007 said:
I work for Mike. Small world. I got a 700
No kidding! So do you live in AK or does he have business other places? Ever been on the Kadillac?

· Registered
98 Posts
MXZ700SKS700 said:
rjs007 said:
I work for Mike. Small world. I got a 700
No kidding! So do you live in AK or does he have business other places? Ever been on the Kadillac?
Yes. I live in Alaska in the summers I just work there seasonal. I think alaska is awasame. Yes thats the boat i have worked on and i also have done many other things for him. I am always jelous when i get there in may and can still see all the high marks.

· Registered
454 Posts
put a malteese cross tail/brake light off a chopper on there????

· Registered
232 Posts
sounds like a nice sled did u just put the 136 rails on it but left the 121 track? i dont really "love" the graphics on my 03 either, the 04 has way better, good move putting that vf3 on. l like the 2" track and the walker evans, and of course those roxx bar risers cant go w/o those.

but like most of the people are saying u should put a taillight on it, a simple one, for your own safety and the safety of others.

Mad-Boondocker said:
^^ 5000 people is a small town, reminds me of my town but we have about 1000 people in it
thats nothing in my county 5000 is huge, i live in a town of about 750-800[thumb]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.