Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well picked up my first sled today. Nothing too special. It is a 1997 MXz 670 with 790 miles on it. I would like some pros and cons about it but would like mostly pros so I feel good about it. It is piped but I don't know what type it is. Sounds good and fires right up what do tou guys think. What kind of power do they have and suspension setup and so on?

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Sounds like a great sled, those 670s have pretty decent power but im not sure of the numbers,im guessing around 110-115hp ..You will like the susp to..Welcome to the Forum!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess the suspension is setup for a 250 pound rider and I weigh about 220 with gear on. what, if anything do I need to adjust on the susp. or do I just go trial and error and see what works best.Sounds tough with the pipes but a friend of mine had a concern about the jetting because of the pipes. When I bought it I talked to the previous owner and he is also the owner of the shop and he said it is definatly done right.

·
Registered
352 Posts
ya thats low milage for a 97...must not have been ridden much....sounds like you found a good sled.

·
Registered
414 Posts
we want pictures!! ( i am going to check out a 97 670 summit my self )

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have some good pics I took today but I can't figure out how to attach them or maybe I can e-mail them to some people.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Here are some instructions for you.

PolarisFiles Forum
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/polarisman/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4147

SnowmobileFanatics Forum
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/snofan/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4148

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok here are a few pics. Thanks for the help!/snofan/../images/users/cwarner/Picture 020.jpg/snofan/../images/users/cwarner/Picture 022.jpg

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
awesome sled.. man its not even broke in yet!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts