Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys got a couple of ?'s for you all. I recently purchased a 98 Yamaha mountain max 700 with a whopping 120 miles for 3500 canadian. anyway i have been looking at upgrading the track length but unsure of how long to go. been thinking about the hartman 144 inch upgrade but then the ego kicks in and says to go with the 156. i will be doing mostly trail riding so im unsure of what my best approach would be. any thoughts and this or any ungrades would be nice.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
hey, welcome to the site. i'm sure you'll get lots of opinions on this. my opinion is that 144 is a bit too long for regular trail riding, 156 is just incredibly too long for regular trails. 136 is a good trail/powder size.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
136" is a great trail/powder length, the 144 would get you around better in the powder though. If 90% of your time is going to be on trails I'd go with a 136" track. just my .02

oh and welcome to the site!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Welcome, I would go with the 136", or if you're feeling badass do the 144. However a suggestion for ya = What ever size you go with, put a Polaris Skid in. All the mountian riders I know with Mountain Max sleds all have Polaris Suspensions, they claim they are much superior to the yamaha skids.

·
Registered
546 Posts
hey there, welcome to the site. I too would have to say that the 156 is too long for trails, the 144 would probably be on the line but I would go with that as opposed to the 136. But I also don't know what kind of riding you do specifically.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Welcome aboard! You'll really enjoy it here.

As the others have said, a 136" would probably be better if your mainly on trails and some powder riding. I have a 136" and love it both on and off trail.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Welcome to the site. Seeing that you are from Labrador and get incredible amounts of snow I would say get what your local guys ride. There was a post last year on HCS where a few guys rode totally around Labrador. They experienced trail conditions found no where else. 8 ft of snow on a trail that couldn't be groomed due to all the snow. 100s of miles of unmarked trails that were downright dangerous if you didn't know where to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.