Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!! I just purchased a Vmax 600 and have some questions about it. I just took it out today for it's first ride and WOW, just amazing. First question is, Are the RPM's suppose to fly up to 6-7000 when I'm just doing about 15 mpg????? It just seems like the engine is pushing to hard an well I have no clue about them. Please help me out.....

[red]Moved to "The Shop" by Erick[/red]

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Do you mean MPG or MPH? I think you mean MPH. What kind of snow are you driving in? I would say the RPM's should not be up to 7000 at 15 MPH. THey should hardly be at 6000. Does it seem like it is pulling heavy and also, how many miles are on the machine. It sounds like the clutches are dirty or need repairs.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops I'm sorry, I meant mph. My snowmobile is brand new - it doesn't even have 5 miles on it. I'm going to try and take them back to the dealer tommorrow cause I didnt think the RPM's should go that high.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Your sled is fine. think of it like a manual transmission car ,its around red line RPM's in 1st gear at15 MPH. then you shift. On a sled it does it by sensing RPM and Load and shifts acordingly. On a V-max 600 peak HP. is somewhere around 7200RPM.,So take it out somewhere and gas it,it ought to run at peak HP.RPM's at any speed .If it does'nt its adjustable in the secondary {driven} clutch. I'm sure this is in your manual.Check it out and let us know We're here for ya!!!

Spaceman
Mean Green Racing
Elyria, Ohio

·
Registered
55 Posts
Greeting BB, 1st what year is your VMax??

It does sound a bit high for the revs. Mine usually get to 15 m.p.h. without going over 4000 rpm, but if it is a new sled, by all means, take it back to the dealer.

(o;

DNO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts