Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just got a great deal on a used 1999 XC 700 SP from a friend who did not like the way it sounded come to find out hey blew the exhaust gaskets out of it my luck his loss anyway question is since I am new like I said how can I tell if this sled has VES or not. I don't wanna go back and ask him I wanna get it running again and this is the last thing I need to do then I will go show him what a little time and patience does lol. Thanks for the help.

TEP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,585 Posts
I think- think non VES? but someone else here will know.
How much did you get your sled for?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tdgbigfoot said:
I think- think non VES? but someone else here will know.
How much did you get your sled for?
$600.00 needs a windshield a front bumper no idea how to put a pic up or I would
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,731 Posts
Does not have VES.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,585 Posts
That is a great price. Really good deal. Its a nice sled, will have lots of power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,731 Posts
By the way, I have a red front bumper for that sled, $20. Local pick up with cash only. I'm in Champlin, MN and your screen-name makes it seem you are also in MN. Send me a PM if interested.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
By the way, I have a red front bumper for that sled, $20. Local pick up with cash only. I'm in Champlin, MN and your screen-name makes it seem you are also in MN. Send me a PM if interested.
I am down here close to Mankato....New Ulm to be exact I will keep it in mind I need to tweak the front a little he had a wreck last winter and put it back together pretty slopply and I will let ya know if I will take it here sometime in the near future.

TEPNMN
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,280 Posts
all you need to do is look on the exaust and if it has a probe going into it then you have ves.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,585 Posts
Very nice, that is a nice clean sled, and a heck of a deal.
Congrats!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,655 Posts
Stock....non-ves. Look above the exhaust and if there are some things added on to the cylinders you have it but most likely not. Good luck with the sled. If you need some tuning help just ask questions here and you will get some good, quality info...and some useless stuff too! Those sleds run pretty good with minimal work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
whitexc said:
Stock....non-ves. Look above the exhaust and if there are some things added on to the cylinders you have it but most likely not. Good luck with the sled. If you need some tuning help just ask questions here and you will get some good, quality info...and some useless stuff too! Those sleds run pretty good with minimal work.
That goes without saying had another guy from another forum that is close to me offer his services he works at the dealer near me part time as the head mechanic and won't charge me a dime for his time he just likes to do this stuff. This weekend I am heading over and he will go over it from front to back and get it setup the way it should be so I am ready for next season can't argue that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,226 Posts
That engine should be Non VES but if it is there will be little black things on the block of the engine. I see u have the sportier seat on there. some 700's from that year had a seat like WhiteXc has on his XCX 700. Those are great sleds, I hear that those engines reacted good to a single or twin pipes. Good buy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mad-Boondocker said:
That engine should be Non VES but if it is there will be little black things on the block of the engine. I see u have the sportier seat on there. some 700's from that year had a seat like WhiteXc has on his XCX 700. Those are great sleds, I hear that those engines reacted good to a single or twin pipes. Good buy
Well I loaded the beast up into the truck and hauled it over to my friend he spent 1/2 hr going over it from front to back gave it 2 thumbs up and said it was ready for next season only things he did was put a new exhaust donut on and new exhaust gaskets on did not charge me a dime just had me go get the parts now I can see what they mean these have a great sound wow what a difference. Thanks to all who replied now all I can say is bring back winter lol.

TEP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,016 Posts
Im picking up a 2000 XC500 tonight with a cover, extra oil, under 4000 miles, completely rust free, runs great, and ready to go for 700 bucks! You should like that sled! Yea the 99 and 2000 700's were non ves. My friend had a year 2000 xc700 and LOVED it! It was very fast and was a fun sled! Good buy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,731 Posts
PolarisIndySKS said:
Im picking up a 2000 XC500 tonight with a cover, extra oil, under 4000 miles, completely rust free, runs great, and ready to go for 700 bucks!
You think that's a good deal, I bought my 1999 XC 500 with 1880 miles and I currently have $495 into it, and that's after I bought VF3's, red cosmetics, fox shocks all around, and a 1 & 1/8 inch track.
yeah I know down to the dollar....I'm really anal about keeping track of my finances [^]
I just wish it was a 6/700cc! They sound orgasmic [thumb]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,016 Posts
Yea but 700 for it is still a great price! Idiots out there still want a grand for there little early 90's indy 500's. Its in awesome shape and not a spec of rust on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
teamarctic14 said:
my closest polaris dealer charges $78 an hour
ya ours here in 90 an hour its crazy i just take it to the same guy i been takin it too for over 14 years now. he charges 60 an hour. it all adds up quick so i just been doin it all on my own most of the time less clutch work
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top