Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I am new to the forums here and overall pretty new to riding. I know some stuff but it would be rely great if you guys could tell me if this looks like a good deal or not.
Here is what I know: Adult ridden, 3500 miles, seller says its good overall shape except the seat....
I know its hard to tell but does the suspension and track look good to you? I have heard the XCR SP model had some issues?? Others say its great??
I have the guy at 800 bucks right now which seems like a good deal. I am meeting him on Sunday and I don't exactly know what to look for.
Any help would be great.
Thank you, Flake.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
check the suspension for broken parts, look at the hi-fax. if they are worn they will need to be replaced. look at all the wheels on the skid. if they are missing rubber or broken they will need to be replaced as well. check the suspension for rebound/ sag. if you compress the suspension it should return to full extension if it has a little slop that's fine but if you compress it and it stays compressed the shocks are bad. if there is snow ask him to ride it around. just a short ride can make a world of differance. make sure it is warmed up. ride it around and listen for any knocking squealing Ect. lift the skis up and check the carbides. these are often overlooked. if they are bent or worn down they will need replacing.

This is a good video that will help a ton. miles mean noting to me when i look at a sled. like stated in the video people disconnect the speedo so they dont run the miles up. its super easy to do. make sure it is working when you look at the sled. if it is not the key is likely borked on the driveshaft, its no big deal to replace but who knows how long it has been ridden like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guy said he was going to hold the sled for me and what do you know. I get a call right when im picking my buddy up to go look at it. He sold it an hour before I was going to look at it.
Oh well, lesson learned. Thanks anyways guys, I still got some good tips out of it.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
i hate it when people do that. keep looking man. there are better fish in the sea. you will find a good one!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Money talks. Happens to us at least once a month. If you want something bad enough, you'll get over there. Or Paypal him a Deposit.

1,792 Posts
This is a good video that will help a ton. miles mean noting to me when i look at a sled. like stated in the video people disconnect the speedo so they dont run the miles up. its super easy to do. make sure it is working when you look at the sled. if it is not the key is likely borked on the driveshaft, its no big deal to replace but who knows how long it has been ridden like that.
It's almost easier for someone to just get a newer speedo to replace it with that way you still have a speedo while you ride it.
My philosophy is if the speedo isn't working when it's for sale, I don't want it. No telling how many miles are really on it. Everyone always claims "it JUST stopped working last week" or "only 500 miles ridden since it broke".

1,792 Posts
The guy said he was going to hold the sled for me and what do you know. I get a call right when im picking my buddy up to go look at it. He sold it an hour before I was going to look at it.
Oh well, lesson learned. Thanks anyways guys, I still got some good tips out of it.
I don't care for people who don't keep their word. If someone comes after you who is interested, they should take his name/number and tell them it's their's if you don't show up and then let you know what time is the latest he'll hold it for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts