Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just made the down payment on a new smokercraft milentia 17' I can't wait to go fishing. PIck it up on the 5th

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
should be a nice boat..

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
If you like waterskiing and watersports you will be dissapointed with that choice in motor. Now, if your just a fisherman, no big deal. But it's always nicer to have and not need than need and not have.

-Dean

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wanted it small enough for trolling. Lots of waleye fishing. Even has an extra live well I plan on using for beer.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I had a 70horse merc. with a power prop on the 15.5ft crestliner. That motor really moved that boat, in fact the boat is only rated for a 50 horse[8D]. It was awesome for waterskiing and tubing, but pretty much sucked for everything else.

I did a lot of water skiing as a kid but spend about 80% of my time in the boat fishing now.

Two years ago, I got a yammie 50 horse 4-stroke. Perfect motor for fishing, you can troll down with it, whisper quiet, and no fumes. I can still ski behind it, tubing is out for adults, but the kids can still tube. For what I use the boat for now, I'm more then pleased with my decision.

/snofan/../images/users/pigboy/crestliner.jpg

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
We have a 16' sea ray bow rider. with a 60 merc. its a little under powered. Looking to put an 80 or 90 on it. It just cant pull 2 tubes and 4 people. [:(] The thing should be doing around 45 mph with a 90 I'm guessing. Its rated for a 75.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i have a 16' lund now with a 40 house Evinrude on it. pretty reliable and gets me where i wanna go, its capable of pulling a tube or a skier. what i really want is a Ranger [:D] now those are some awsome boats, awsome bass fishing boats...i am drooling now thinkin bout one.....they are beautiful......

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Originally posted by SledHead
[br]We have a 16' sea ray bow rider. with a 60 merc. its a little under powered. Looking to put an 80 or 90 on it. It just cant pull 2 tubes and 4 people. [:(] The thing should be doing around 45 mph with a 90 I'm guessing. Its rated for a 75.
That's a 'glass boat right? With 90HP I would venture a guess of around 42-43 gps, one person, trimed out. According to most dream-o-meters that are on boats thats about 50 "mph".

I'm surprized it would be rated so low. Especially a sea-ray.

-Dean

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I picked up a 99 Bayliner 1850SE with the 190hp V6 last year. Nice boat for general purpose on the lake. Pulls a skier / tube real nice will do 50-55Mph with 2 on board. Big upgrade from my 15' runabout with the 65hp Johnson. Don't get me wrong the little boat was fun to drive would do 35 or so, faster than you wanted to go on a tube or kneeboard but the new boat rides real nice much deeper V.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts