Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the track on my xcr because it s about to go. I tried to look on polarisfiles.com and the server was down so I am making sure that it is a 121 x 15 x 1. Is this correct? Is there any restrictions on how big the lugs can be? I am looking for something used since is is a fairly old sled let me know if anyone has anything that would work lying around that they would want to get rid of. Thanks

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Your track size is correct. I would not put any bigger than 1.25 lug. Be safe and get a takeoff off of a new sled that is the 1 inch lug. It will be a hell of a lot cheaper, and its basically brand new. When buying a used track, you can never tell how many miles are actually on it, so I wouldn't go that route if I were you. If you run a track in low snow conditions, it heats up and takes a HUGE toll on how long that tracks life span is. So I'm basicly saying you don't know how the track was treated. Hell my dads track off his XLT has damn near 8000 miles and it looks like it's brand new.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I highly doubt the track is 1". Are you measuring the lug or the whole track.

I would buy new one, never know what you are going to get.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Ok, .87 or whatever they came with stock. I'd say 1 inch is close enough.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I found some stock tracks that were taken off a skidoo or cat and those should work fine as long as they are the same size. I honestly think I am going to sell it that is why I am looking for a cheaper track. If I was going to keep it, and had not recently gotten married I would just put a ripsaw on it but oh well such is life.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
AS long as the pitch is 2.25 you should be fine. Most of the cats are that.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Yup it is. keeping me on my toes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
where are you guys finding these take off tracks?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Tracksusa, and I beleive cbperformaceparts even has them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts