Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a Kimpex Vantage track for my Indy 650. It doesn't have any direction arrows? Just writing on the track.

Is is directional?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
can you take a pic? usually the side of the paddle that is straighter on the bottom, goes towards the front.

-Dean

·
Registered
331 Posts
OK, I am not sure if this helps you much or not, but hopefully it does....Is the track that you ordered the one with pre-molded holes for studs? If so, about the only way I can tell you the correct direction is to lay it out on the floor and if you are looking at the TOP of the track, the majority of stud holes should look like an upside-down "V" on the top middle so when the track rotates (with studs) it will leave a pattern in the snow that if you 'connect the dots' from the studs, will leave a "V" in the snow.....(does this make it clear as mud?)

The picture that I have attached (Thanks TriumphoverU) is from the Polaris Files Website, for "How to stud your track" tutorial and it illustrates what I am talking about, if you look at the pattern of holes (in your case, on a new track, where studs would be, then you can imagine what it looks like, just match them up with the pattern on studs in the pic and you should have the correct direction, keeping in mind that the picture is taken from behind the snowmachine.

Here is also a picture of the Kimpex Vantage track, you can see the molded stud holes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you intend on studding it right away, do it before you install the track. Throw the track up on a work bench on its side and it's real easy. A bit of a prickley bear during installation, but it's worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts