Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I was looking at this track on ebay. its a 128.5 X 15 X 1.7" . My sled is a 128. Im wondering if that extra .5 " would be too long . or would you be able to tighten it up for it to fit ?

here is there track - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370417352510&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
I would go look at your track now. Is there room to adjust it if it were 1/2" longer? If you have lots of room on your adjustment bolts, it will probably fit. Keep in mind tracks can stretch a little after some use, so you may need a little more adjustment even after the track is installed.

You'll also want to look at the width. Your track is only 14" wide, so you'll have to look to see if you have room for another inch of width in the tunnel.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Dont forget that if the track is only a 1/2 in longer, then you only need 1/4 in of adjustment to take it up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quinlan said:
I would go look at your track now. Is there room to adjust it if it were 1/2" longer? If you have lots of room on your adjustment bolts, it will probably fit. Keep in mind tracks can stretch a little after some use, so you may need a little more adjustment even after the track is installed.

You'll also want to look at the width. Your track is only 14" wide, so you'll have to look to see if you have room for another inch of width in the tunnel.
Yes , I know my sled runs a 14" width. But when I was checking out tracks at the dealer where I purchased the sled , the guy phoned a guy who had recently put a track on the same sled as mine , and said his worked perfect with the 15" . Also I contacted the e-bay seller for this track and he said "
Both tracks are 128.52 inches long. It is just how Arctic Cat puts the measurements in the description. They are both 2.52-inch pitch with 51 bars so that comes out to the same overall number. Sometimes they make it more confusing then it has to be. But this track will work on your sled and will not be too long." So as far as i'm concerned it should work out on my sled.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
If they said it should work, I would take their word on it. I've done business with Country Cat a few times, and have never had a problem or been misinformed.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help Quinlan!!

Have you looked at the track i posted in the link ? I would be paying just over 500 Canadian dollars shipping included. Let me know what you think of this track or know of someone who has one like it and what they think of it !
Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
The new SnoPro track (like you posted) is just a newer version of the 04 SnoPro track (which I have), as seen below.
2008820143636967_3852.jpg

I have no real complaints with it. It seems to hook up ok on hard back, and gets me around in the deeper stuff. I've trenched out many times, but I credit alot of that to my 13.5" track width. It should definitely get you around better in the powder over your stock track.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quinlan said:
The new SnoPro track (like you posted) is just a newer version of the 04 SnoPro track (which I have), as seen below.
2008820143636967_3852.jpg

I have no real complaints with it. It seems to hook up ok on hard back, and gets me around in the deeper stuff. I've trenched out many times, but I credit alot of that to my 13.5" track width. It should definitely get you around better in the powder over your stock track.
Yeah it seems to look like a good track. Also the stock track on my sled its actually a piece of crap! I think its a hacksaw? correct me if i'm wrong, and its a 1". Don't understand why they would put a 1" on a 800 . I tore the hell out of it last winter. I'm just gonna go on and order that one i have posted!
Thanks for all the help! Greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
burge18 said:
Don't understand why they would put a 1" on a 800 .
I would only presume that when it was produced, they figured the 128" track length would make for a better trail sled, and alot of people run a 1" lug with studs on the trails. Properly studded, you would gain quite a bit more traction, thus not ripping up the track so much. With the power of the 800, you will probably still be spinning alot with the 1.7" lug. You'll need to use some throttle control to decrease track spin and increase your track life. You will really want to watch your track spin with a larger lug, as they will be more prone to tearing.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quinlan said:
You will really want to watch your track spin with a larger lug, as they will be more prone to tearing.
Yeah . I will be more careful . Thanks for the help and info ! greatly appreciated

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got the track then at my door from the UPS. All i gotta do now is figure out how to put it on.. This is the first time for me trying to change a track .. hope all goes well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts