Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Dodge Ram 2500. 277km on it. I am very happy with it. Can't wait till i get some good tires and some mud shows up.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Pickup truck

· Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya i don't think i would buy a truck if it was a gas. I got 18 mpg the last tank and its not that warm out here. It does lots of short distance.

· Registered
453 Posts
Nice truck! Which Cummins does it have? Is that still a 5.9 or is it the 6.7?

My brother has a '96 2500 with the 8L V10, I think he gets around 12mpg highway maybe less.[;)]

· Registered
1,739 Posts
TheFastMan said:
Nice truck! Which Cummins does it have? Is that still a 5.9 or is it the 6.7?

My brother has a '96 2500 with the 8L V10, I think he gets around 12mpg highway maybe less.[;)]
Thats the 5.9. The 6.7 has only been out for a few years. But thats a good looking truck. The only reason i would buy any Chrysler product other than an older Jeep would be if it had a Cummins. I know quite a few people with gas Dodge trucks and they are junk. I think the only thing Dodge, i guess its now just Ram, has going for them is the Cummins.

· Super Moderator
11,386 Posts
Nice looking rig! If you want to know everything there possibly is to know about your truck go to www.cumminsforum.com. I will warn you though that spending to much time on that site gets expensive! I think bigrok knows what I am talking about. [:D]

· Registered
2,432 Posts
RMK-KING said:
I think bigrok knows what I am talking about. [:D]
I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I've got my wish list made out. I could do a lot of damage, to bad it'll cost me about $10k.[Disappointed]

· Registered
5,007 Posts
If you're interested, I sold my dodge and still have the bully dog programmer for it. It'll make that thing get better gas migeage and if you want you can make it evil!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rtoNv5NrcQ

I've got the case and all the instruction manuals, ppw, ect for it.
PM me if you're interested

PS...That's not my truck but mine was identical down to the wheels and tires. I also had bushwackers on mine.

Adam

· Registered
2,425 Posts
Very Nice looking truck you have there! I personally was not a big dodge fan for awhile. But this year I'm plowing snow with a buddy of mines truck. He started out having a 04 Ford super duty with the power stroke. I did not like his ford at all the cab was not very user friendly when plowing for 20hrs strait. Also he had a bunch of problem's with the 6.0 that was in it.
So he traded the Ford in on a 06 Dodge 3500 with the Cummins. The Dodge has the mega cab so it is a big truck for plowing in between cars in a parking lot. But other then that I love the cab it is a lot easyer to spend a long period of time in the cab. Any body that has plowed snow for a long period of time should understand what I'm saying.
Also the Cummins seems to be alot better on fuel then the Power stroke.

Well I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm a die hard Chevy guy but I would not have a problem owning a Dodge as long as it has the Cummins!

· Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RMK-KING said:
Nice looking rig! If you want to know everything there possibly is to know about your truck go to www.cumminsforum.com. I will warn you though that spending to much time on that site gets expensive! I think bigrok knows what I am talking about. [:D]
All ready on their. Some very good stuff and info on the forum. And i have a huge wish list but its not happening right now. Only thing about hauling the sled around is the truck sits so high. Its is a pain to lift the sled that high. As for the trans, i am saving up now cause it is only a matter if time. I wanted a 6 speed but their were none close and with in the price range.

· Registered
2,425 Posts
Ok Me and my friend that owns the 06 Dodge with the Cummins. was wondering if it is normal for it to take a little while to idle down? For instance when I am plowing with it and push the snow into a pile and get on the throttle pretty good. It has a lag on idling down. It even does this when its in park and you rev it up. it still has the same lag. I don't know if I explained the problem good enough for you guys to understand what I mean? Or is this just a normal thing with these motors?

· Registered
23 Posts
buckfever said:
Ok Me and my friend that owns the 06 Dodge with the Cummins. was wondering if it is normal for it to take a little while to idle down? For instance when I am plowing with it and push the snow into a pile and get on the throttle pretty good. It has a lag on idling down. It even does this when its in park and you rev it up. it still has the same lag. I don't know if I explained the problem good enough for you guys to understand what I mean? Or is this just a normal thing with these motors?
Pretty sure i'm understanding what you're talking about. For instance, if you're in park and rev the engine, it comes back down to idle slowly? If so, mine does that too. 05 Dodge 3500 w/ 5.9 Cummins.

· Registered
2,425 Posts
jburke said:
buckfever said:
Pretty sure i'm understanding what you're talking about. For instance, if you're in park and rev the engine, it comes back down to idle slowly? If so, mine does that too. 05 Dodge 3500 w/ 5.9 Cummins.
Yes that's what I'm talking about. I Don't like it tho because when I'm plowing and pushing in to a pile and get on the throttle pretty good it stays revved up for like 3-5 seconds. Which may not sound bad but that's alot of time in some situation's while plowing. So alot of time I hurry up and put it in neutral til it idles down. Because it keeps pushing when I don't want it to.
But like I said I was Just wondering if it is normal or not? If it is I don't really mind it then because it's not my truck. Because all I do is plow snow with it. But my buddy was just wondering if there was something wrong or not.

· Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mine does that too. Nature of the beast. I think anyways. I have driven about four truck and they all were the same.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.