Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I went and picked up my new truck. It's a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Regular Cab w/long bed. It has the SLT Laramie Trim. The engine is the Magnum V8 5.9(360ci). Got it with 75657miles and paid $7500(American).

/snofan/../images/users/mxz583dude/dodge1.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/mxz583dude/dodge2.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/mxz583dude/dodge3.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/mxz583dude/dodge4.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
looks like a sharp clean truck, I like the way dodges sit..

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
damn wow $7500 for all that? thats decent!!! try finding a dodge like that around here for that price!! you probably could even make a profit turnaround if u wanted to sell here. ( maine )

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
is that your truck or you families truck... not a bad ride for a 16 year old!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol ya that's my truck. I bought it myself though.Very good at saving money. The guy I bought it from is the relief milk truck driver. He never used it and wanted to get rid of it. The thing was actually filthy when I got it. I'm a clean freak with vehicles so I have it washed/waxed in the pictures. Also have the "tire wet" on the tires. Love that look[:D]

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Congrats on the new truck man. Looks like you got an awesome deal. I'm sure that the way you take care of it you should get another 75,000 out of it easy.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Nice truck, other than the fact that it's dodge and not extended cab, but if it's what you wanted, then right on.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Come on Dodge can't be that bad. I guess it can be everyones opinion, but I've liked them since I was 6. Everyone in my area that has one likes them and hasn't had any problems. I'm not much of a fan for the extended cabs. I never need to carry many people with me and I'd rather have the 8 ft bed w/o the x-cab because that makes one long truck to handle. Another thing...what do you guys think that ball mount hitch is meant for with the extra drop down with the cups in it? I've asked many people around and they have no clue. The cups aren't deep enough to hold the trailer chains and there is a hole in each cup with a diameter of about a pencil. The picture is at the top.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Those are for weight distribution bars, or torsion bars. If your hauling a long camper trailer on the highway, and a simi passes you, the truck and tailer start to sway. This is due to the tongue weight on the hitch.

To solve this they make torsion bars for each side. One end goes in between the two cups (one for each side) the other end of the bar extends back to the tongue of the trailer. There are chains that attach to brackets on the trailer. Then you use a pipe to pull up on the hooks on the brackets to pull up on the chains. This takes weight off the hitch. Here's a pic of the bars in place:

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Not a problem. [;)] When I was a kid my family had a 30ft camper trailer. We got hauled all over the northeast going on camping trips. They made a HUDGE difference in how the tow vehical and camper handled.

·
Registered
352 Posts
persanally im a chevy man, that drives a ford lol...but nice truck....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts