Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 600 xc sp. What should be the top on this sled?
I have 890 miles on it. Goes like hell from 0 to 70mph then
not alot of pull from 70 to 90mph. I have had it up to 95mph.
Not alot of fields or lakes around here. Plus 95 is plenty
fast enough. I ride mostly trails. I was wondering if this is
normal for this sled.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Well I have pulled 115 on the speedo with my 02 plenty of times. Average is 110(speedo) with mine, sounds like your clutching/gearing could be off...cuz I have NO flat spots through the gears, it's straight up all the way through.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
might need to clean your VES valves.....they might not be opening all the way. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
my friend got 99 xc 600 sp his will only do between 100-105.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I will be making a appointment at the dealer for the 1000
mile service and make sure he checks these areas.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Just an FYI for you though, the valves are VERRY easy to clean. Just take off the 4 bolts on each valve cover, pull the valves off. Get yourself some carb cleaner and a scotch-brite pad(NO MEDAL PADS) and go to work. They only go back in one way to there dummy proof(no pun), just make sure to check the gaskets and the rubber deal(can't remember the name of it!) on the valve for crack and such....also manually push on the valve to see if it moves back and forth, if not the spring could be bad....hope this helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the good tips! I am going out on Friday and will
check to See what I am getting for Revs @WOT. I will clean the
Valves before I go.

·
Registered
314 Posts
You can also check the valves by compressing them and holding your finger over the outer hole. Make sure they hold in compressed position until you let go. At 850 miles it would be a good time to check them. I've done mine twice in just under 1500 miles just because..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts