Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone here about the yzf450 race quad, check it out at atvscene.com, this thing looks awesome. looks like my predator would have its hands full!!![:)]

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Its spose to be the fastest quad on the market..It has 45HP and does 70+mph..it goes 2 mph slower on the top end then the 660 raptor but will blow it away in a drag..It has a nice price tag on it to..

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
45 ponies is a ton on a wheeler, it has piggy back shocks right off the showroom floor, looks like yammy did thier homework on this thing......

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
i here that new yamaha quad doesnt have the beans its cracked up to have. unless u pipe and jet it just like u always have to do to get maximum horse. talked to a guy in iowa who has just picked his up said it handles ok. he wasnt really bragin. he said he is gonna get some axis shocks as he couldnt dial in the new piggy backs. but thats just one guys opinion too. time will tell i guess if it is any good. i like it tho from what i have seen [8D]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Originally posted by lars
[br]i here that new yamaha quad doesnt have the beans its cracked up to have. unless u pipe and jet it just like u always have to do to get maximum horse. talked to a guy in iowa who has just picked his up said it handles ok. he wasnt really bragin. he said he is gonna get some axis shocks as he couldnt dial in the new piggy backs. but thats just one guys opinion too. time will tell i guess if it is any good. i like it tho from what i have seen [8D]
Not to pull people from this site, but if you want some good info on the YZF you can read A REVIEW by a guy that knows a thing or two about quads over at ATV Outdoors.

·
Registered
352 Posts
lol its not what its cracked up to be!!! they paired it up with a bored out banshee and only lost buy a 7 feet and when they paired it up with a Z400 it won buy like 30 feet...i saw the vidio clips of both....this sucker halls butt! and handles awsome...i havent heard many complaints about it!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Originally posted by Alaskan ExciterII
[br]lol its not what its cracked up to be!!! they paired it up with a bored out banshee and only lost buy a 7 feet and when they paired it up with a Z400 it won buy like 30 feet...i saw the vidio clips of both....this sucker halls butt! and handles awsome...i havent heard many complaints about it!
But to be fair you can't measure a quad's performance on a couple drags. There are so many factors that go into a drag that it is nowhere near reliable to measure a machine.

·
Registered
352 Posts
true and it does depend on the driver too....what im saying is that it is faster than the Z400. and yes you cant judge it by just a couple drags but from what i have seen in read it is one of the best if not the best yet.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
just because the new yamaha is fast doesnt mean its the best. it all comes down to handling and rider. yeah u have to have good power to win races but it has to handle as well. it hasnt proven itself to me yet. the 250r is still king of the mx track in my opinion

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
when the new honda comes out in sept then will see who is king of the 4 stroke and it wont be yamaha [:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
33 Posts
[br]when the new honda comes out in sept then will see who is king of the 4 stroke and it wont be yamaha [:D][:D][:D]
Do you have any proof of that or is this simply another unsubstantiated guess? I have heard many comments on Honda's "mystery" quad with no one able to back up what they say. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Honda come out with a quad to whip all others, but the timing just doesn't fit. Why release one 04 model so late after the others of the line have already been released?

·
Registered
352 Posts
i didnt just say it was the fastes! its also suppose to handle awsome...but i havent ridden one yet so i dont know how well it handles...but i am ganna drop it right here cause i could really get going on this one lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Originally posted by schef
[br]
[br]when the new honda comes out in sept then will see who is king of the 4 stroke and it wont be yamaha [:D][:D][:D]
Do you have any proof of that or is this simply another unsubstantiated guess? I have heard many comments on Honda's "mystery" quad with no one able to back up what they say. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Honda come out with a quad to whip all others, but the timing just doesn't fit. Why release one 04 model so late after the others of the line have already been released?
I will admit when I am mistaken and this is one of those cases. I just got the confirmation that I was waiting for. Honda will release the TRX450R on August 10th. This was sent in the form of a press release to all dealers. Now even though I don't trust a thing atvnews says, HERE is a drawing they have released about the new machine just for kicks.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cool, thats the first confirmed news i've seen of honda getting back in the race quad battle!!

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
It will be interesting to see it how it compares to the new yamaha, honda has had lot of time to design it..

·
Registered
352 Posts
ya i think its about time that honda got with the program...i meen there 400EX handles good and stuff but now that yamaha came out with a race ready quad the 400EX looks like its met its mach....now if Suzuki would just make a quad to compete! and that new Kawasaki 700 HAHAHA i saw one a couple weeks ago and i was dissipointed....the thing acted more like a utilaty than sport....atleast thats the way appered to handle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts