Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started the week out working on the owners sled. The mighty LTV power line strikes again.[xx(][xx(]
2011121587125_11185.jpg

Then went out to put up some signs on the Yukon with the switchback. Trail was so nice that I decided to take the classic for a ride. Got 2 miles down the trail and the drive shaft decided to break. Dam cheap Polaris parts, can't even get 16000 miles out of a drive shaft.[Disappointed][Disappointed][:)][:)]
The wife was coming up the next day, so she brought up the parts I needed. About 3 hours later, got it all done.

201112151252640_11185.jpg

The next day, Wallygator and Wallygator JR. showed up. The classic turned over it's 16000th mile.
201112151738562_11185.jpg

201112152038656_11185.jpg
Friday, my two sons and my oldest sons wife came up. Went to the Tresel for lunch. Trail was in good shape but a lot of low hanging branches from the heavy snow we got the day before.

201112152547406_11185.jpg

Down on the state trail everything was rock hard. Sleds were running hot so we all hopped off the trail to cool them down. The wife didn't do a very good lob.[Disappointed][Disappointed]
20111215316500_11185.jpg
After a fuel stop in Finland, we went on the Moose walk. My daughter in law didn't make a corner. Got a good laugh out of her.
201112172745156_11185.jpg
Wallygator trying to repair his glasses.[thumb]
20111215369609_11185.jpg
2Sewings at the bar right before midnight new years eve.
201112154125593_11185.jpg

Sat. we rode down to the new shelter on the Yukon and did a little cook out.

201112174245625_11185.jpg
20111217477578_11185.jpg
201112175223609_11185.jpg
On the way back we went down towards green wood lake on a logging road. A few trees down but snow was deep.
20111217571406_11185.jpg
2011121827890_11185.jpg
20111218717734_11185.jpg

Did only 241 miles from Tues.thru Sat. but had a great time with friends and family and that's all that matters.
Isabella didn't get hit with all of the rain like most of the state. More wet heavy snow than rain so the trails are starting to look good.
Still need some more snow so we can get on the LTV power line for the ride so we don't get all of the carnage that has happened in the past.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I definatly met you guys on the trail on new years eve. Don't know how well you remember the sleds you meet, but it was between Isabella and Finland, and I was on a white 2010 Dragon Switchback w/ an orange helmet.

And there was low hangers EVERYWHERE. Glad I wasn't wearing the GoPro...

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Cant wait for the SF ride....only 25 days away......looks like ya had an epic New Years.Better than mine,I had to work!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great Pics, I really need to take more when I ride.. How's the Tomahawk from Knotted to the Timberwolf Cutoff? All the Rock Clickers covered yet?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dragon700 said:
I definatly met you guys on the trail on new years eve. Don't know how well you remember the sleds you meet, but it was between Isabella and Finland, and I was on a white 2010 Dragon Switchback w/ an orange helmet.

How many were in your group

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
looks like you guys had fun!!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
wallygator said:
Dragon700 said:

30ish..... Yep, it was a huge group.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dragon700 said:
wallygator said:
Dragon700 said:

Yes we ran into your group not far from the pine we had 7 in our group.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
boss980f said:
Dragon700 said:
wallygator said:
Dragon700 said:

Yes we ran into your group not far from the pine we had 7 in our group.
Our group for that run is a big excessive.... But still alot of fun.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Grease, how did cooking over the woodstove work out? They groomed the north end yesterday and said it turned out very good. Long day of the clearing the brush cutter for a couple of 70+ year old guys. I think they were a little tuckered out. I gave Dan your cell to set something up for Fri,as I have to work.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
We cheated jabnorth. Opened the top of the stove 1/2 way then took the grate from the weber grill. Put 3 rocks on top on the grill and set the grate on them across the top. Worked rather well!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jabnorth said:
Grease, how did cooking over the woodstove work out? They groomed the north end yesterday and said it turned out very good. Long day of the clearing the brush cutter for a couple of 70+ year old guys. I think they were a little tuckered out. I gave Dan your cell to set something up for Fri,as I have to work.
I knew we should have gone out grooming Sun. Would have saved me a hangover.[xx(][xx(]
Have Dan call. I am free Thurs. thru Sun. to groom.
The grill worked out great being we didn't have any lighter fluid for the charcoal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
greasemonkey said:
jabnorth said:
I knew we should have gone out grooming Sun. Would have saved me a hangover.[xx(][xx(]
Have Dan call. I am free Thurs. thru Sun. to groom.
The grill worked out great being we didn't have any lighter fluid for the charcoal.
I will pick up some lighter fluid and other things to stock the shelter this week, I will send it up with you and Dan. Sorry about the hangover(not!), but I needed to get out and ride! You should of taken it easy and came down for the ride.

2SEWINGS said:
We cheated jabnorth. Opened the top of the stove 1/2 way then took the grate from the weber grill. Put 3 rocks on top on the grill and set the grate on them across the top. Worked rather well!
Good thinking! You must have had a nice hot fire to cook that high up, was it a little toasty in there? I think we had it about 80 in there once last year, the pine started dripping. [8D]

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Good thinking! You must have had a nice hot fire to cook that high up, was it a little toasty in there? I think we had it about 80 in there once last year, the pine started dripping. [8D]
Got to give credit to Grease and Boss980f for that idea[thumb] I'm sure it hit at least 80 in there but the pine wasn't dripping[:D]I was surprised at the condition of the shelter in the fact that nobody had their names carved in the walls or it was loaded with grafitti!!! I would like to make a suggestion though? Take the solar panel and tilt it a bit since it was built up with heavy ice and snow. Boss980f climbed on the roof and cleaned it off so it should work for awhile, at least until the next snowfall. Great job up there!!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
The classic is almost broke in now!

·
Registered
7 Posts
2SEWINGS said:
Got to give credit to Grease and Boss980f for that idea[thumb] I'm sure it hit at least 80 in there but the pine wasn't dripping[:D]I was surprised at the condition of the shelter in the fact that nobody had their names carved in the walls or it was loaded with grafitti!!! [/color=red]I would like to make a suggestion though? Take the solar panel and tilt it a bit since it was built up with heavy ice and snow.[/color=darkred] Boss980f climbed on the roof and cleaned it off so it should work for awhile, at least until the next snowfall. Great job up there!!!!

We were too! It was nice to go up there and see it in great shape, even the shovels were still there! Let's hope people keep respecting it, alot of time,hard work and money went into that shelter.

Do you know what tools are needed to give it a little tilt?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts