Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know and good web sites and or books that I could take a look at to learn more about sled engines? I want to learn more about the basics, repairing and maintenance. Also I am thinking about a rebuild on my own engine. I have been told that I can get it oversized. I know what they mean but the process and work involve is unfamiliar with me. Like this much over = this much in power. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am riding an 89 Yamaha Exciter 570 ex[?].

·
Registered
837 Posts
a little boring of the cyclinders won't add much power what you need is a big bore kit usually when you oversize it may be .050 or .020 a big bore may add 5mm but to learn about you motor get a shop manual you will want one for the rebuild anyway

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
The best thing you can do for yourself 89exciter is to pick up the Clymer manual for your sled. You can even order it on line. It will tell you EVERYTHING that your looking for. Reading that thing from cover to cover is going to be one of the best teaching tools you can get your hands on.

I just rebuild my fathers 90 Exciter over the summer. That manual is PRICELESS!!!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Clymer is the poop!!! Yamaha is the next best thing to Rotax...stick to what they say and you'll be alright! Don't forget quality reeds!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts