Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got about 4 - 8 in of new snow out towards winter haven motel & about 4 in in towards town and it tappers off the futher south you go. Trails are fair to good and hopefuly will start to get better. I would still stay north of M - 28 around our area for now. [:)]

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm heading to up there thursday morning to ride for the day, We plan to unload at the trail head just north of Pine Stump. I was up there the day after x-mas and it was darn good riding given its the only place in the state with snow. Anyways hopefully they will be alright for us on thursday.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has been warm the last couple of days like 40 today, They the weather man says it will be getting colder buy day break, and light snow and blowing starting on Thursday, And from what they have been saying today it sounds like winter will be here on Thursday as well alot colder temps and winds out of the north off the big lake so that should start the lake effect up, temps are going to be cold and snow for the weekend, hope this helps some of ya out ? If you guys get buy winter haven motel stop in and say hi to Jeff out there, tell him where you got that from, Here is a toll free number to the motel as well for rooms or snow updates also, 877-546-3901 happy trails.[:)]

·
Registered
66 Posts
Weather forcast looks good maybe up to 10 inches tonight and tomorrow for Newberry Paradise Grand Marias and generally the whole LES areas of the UP!! Anyone planning on riding the Grand Marias 500 miler? I will have a crew of 4 or 5 can't wait and the forecast looks good this weekend and all next week. Pray for Snow[8D]

·
Registered
206 Posts
I plan on being in the UP the week of the 26th so I will be doing the snow dance till then./snofan/../images/users/tvan/spotting.gif
From what I am reading and hearing sounds like the season is just about to start there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well i was there today 1/9 and it sucked BAD. The trials would be great if they just would get some snow. Maybe this storm they keep talking about will hit and things will be better, Untill then i would not advise anyone going up there. We rode out of pine stump and rode around that area. Going into Grand Maris is HORRIBLE. NO SNOW, all ICE.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well all I can tell you Is you left to early because out at winter haven motel as of 6pm tonight they have gotten 1 - 3in and I'm sure it Is more buy now. Just went outside and checked and we have about 3in right now and still coming down pretty good, so It looks like we will be getting some snow just don't know how much yet, will update in the morning on the total so far, It is about 10 above out right now.
At least the people coming to this area have at least been getting in some riding,As there are alot of other folks that would just love to be riding them new sleds, as I know alot of people that cannot ride at all.
Let's hope that will all change to the better./snofan/../images/users/elanman/Riding Kitty Cat #3 1-1-03.jpg

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well we have gotten about 6in of new snoww overnight and still snowing a little out now, They are calling for upwards of another 6 buy morning with blowing and drifting. They have gotten about 6in south of town also do not know how far south that goes yet.
They have gotten upwards of 6 - 10 north of town as it verys in spots. I will be out and about this morning and will give another update this evining. [|)]

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well went for my ride this morning and up towards Paridise and they have gotten up towards a foot of new snow and still coming down as write. Here in Newberry still snowing and south of town still coming down as well grommers are all out doing there thing I do not know if the gromers are running to the south yet will let you know later on that one.
There was three wrecks today, none that I'm awhere of where live threating.[:)]

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well up towards Paridise Is where they got the most snow out of this last blast, Upwards of 18 in In spots, Around the Newberry area about a foot, 10miles to the south of Newberry towards Curtis around 12 - 14 in. talked with some sleders yesterday that where up towards Munising and said the trails where in pretty good shape, We have gotten about another 3 in of new snow from last night. There are lots of sleds around so I'm sure the trails will not be staying in the shape there In for very long, There are also gromming the south trails out of Newberry towards Rexton.[|)]

·
Registered
82 Posts
Lots of snow in da U.P!! We had to wait 1 hour for gas in Grand Marais. Got close to Paridise, we did a big loop from Munising to Pine Stump.
If there any problems, you know where I live.lol sledhappy lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well If your looking for snow head towards Paridise more than 30in over the past few days, If you are looking for a place to stay well that's another thing maybe your truck.
Here in Newberry area we have gotten over the past couple of days about 8in of new snow. Out towards Winter Haven Motel closer to foot. The trails are all in pretty good shape, even the south trails untill the snow gets alittle thin.
The Curtis grommer has grommed the trail towards Newberry,If you are going to be around the Newberry trails WATCH OUT FOR THE GROMMERS DURING THE DAY,AS THEY WILL BE OUT RUNNING AROUND THE CLOCK, At least for the next few days, I'm not sure about this weekend yet.[8)]

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well If your looking for snow head towards Paridise more than 30in over the past few days, If you are looking for a place to stay well that's another thing maybe your truck.
Here in Newberry area we have gotten over the past couple of days about 8in of new snow. Out towards Winter Haven Motel closer to foot. The trails are all in pretty good shape, even the south trails untill the snow gets alittle thin.
The Curtis groomer has groomed the trail towards Newberry,If you are going to be around the Newberry trails WATCH OUT FOR THE GROOMERS DURING THE DAY,AS THEY WILL BE OUT RUNNING AROUND THE CLOCK, At least for the next few days, I'm not sure about this weekend yet.[8)]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thats great news. I'm going to school at Lake Superior State here in The Soo. I'm gonna prolly get my dad to come up this weekend and head twards paradise and ride that diriction. Thanks for the report

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well we have gotten a few more in of snow over the last couple of days, and the temps have been very cold here, they are saying it Is going to warm up a little.
The trails are all reported to be in very good shape also, The Groomer from Curtis has done the trail towards Newberry again lastnight.
If you are going to be around the Newberry area this weekend ? As THE GROOMERS WILL Be OUT RUNNING PRETTY MUCH AROUND THE CLOCK ALL WEEKEND AND DURING THE DAYLIGHT AS WELL. So keep this in mind when you go into them corners. Now only you can make it a safe weekend happy trails.[:eek:)]

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well it was a very busy weekend with lots of sleds, the trails where beat up pretty much all weekend. We have gotten 4in plus over night and still coming down some, very cold out like 4 above. hope you all made it home safe ?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well we have been getting snow pretty much everyday this week, yesterday out towards Winter Haven Motel they were getting about 2 in an hour for at least 8 hours that I know of. The trails seem to be in good condtion even though we have lots of sleds around again this weekend also. It is very cold out this morning like zero out, They are calling for snow pretty much everyday again to start the new week out. So far this Year i seen as of Yesterday like 133 in up buy Paridise.[:)]

1 - 20 of 44 Posts