Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a 98 Polaris XC 700. I did not however get an owners manual with it, and this is my first sled, so its all new to me. I'm wondering where I can get some info about maintance on it, how I should care for it after a days run, how to do scheduled and prventitive mantance on it, and how I change stuff, such as belts, and makeing the handlebars level when the ski's are straight ahead. Any info contributed is greatly appreciated, Thank you

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
easy cheesy.. but be carefull the first few times on it.. 700 has some nutz, dont find yourself in a tree like i did[:D]... anyway... maintance is pretty much the same on all sleds so you should be able to go to any local dealer and ask for a polaris manual.. they might even have one for your sled. or you can look on ebay too for a manual.
if you dont find one for your sled just grease it 2-3 times a year keep in mind theres a lot of grease zerks that are out of sight so feel around for them on your sled.. they are sneaky fellas sometimes. keep it full of coolant and oil tighten suspension bolts that are loose, check your track tension, belt wear.. etc you should be good. there will be a lot of post on summer storage when it comes around to that time so just keep your eyes peeled.

·
Registered
253 Posts
You can get the owners manual for 10 bucks at a polaris dealership they just need to order it

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
the owners manuals are pretty much useless your better off finding a service manual for the make and model of your sled..check ebay

·
Registered
9 Posts
This page has a bunch of good service manuals
http://store.yahoo.com/motobooks/snowmobiles.html

·
Registered
253 Posts
hhahah service manual will answer all the questions he had did not sound like he wanted to tear into the sled and the cost of the manual is 10 bcks compared to 90 bucks for sevice manual I know I have them both and to tell you the truth the service manual that I bought the same the mechaics use SUCKS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts